Write on UNBRANDED Taiyo yuden?

Ninotramp

Hello folks. Before I start I just wanna say sorry if this is the wrong forum to write this question in but I couldn't find any better.

I have Taiyo Yuden 8x Unbranded DVD-R discs and what I have understood you can't write on these discs with a pen. But I have done that anyway! So did this damage the DVD's or will it damage the DVD-players? What can happen??

/A worried Swedish Ninotramp. BTW, IMGburn works brilliant!

The safest way to label a disc, IMO is with a sharpie (obviously on the non-recorded side). If that's what you are doing, you should have no worries.

Regards

Okay. But there's some discs who's called Non-Printable and Printable. What does that mean? My English isn't the best. Sharpie? I have a pen which is costomized to write on cd's with. And yes I write on the non recorded side. :)

Hej! :)

Printable means that you can use a special printer that 'decorates' the disc. The top surface is 'white' on those discs.

Printable_Blank_Disc.jpg

But there are also some other 'background' colors.

C45-2006-main.jpg

some people get the white printable only because the surface is more durable. For CD's if you scratch the top you cause more damage than if the bottom was scratched. The opposite is true with DVDs. I use a marker pen also for my DVD. From what I've read your pen should be made for this purpose. These are the ones I use. They are in most stores that sell blank media and are labeled for this purpose. Mine are made by Fellowes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.