Layer Break issues - data being split 50-50

Neil Wilkes

Is there something I am missing here?

When I try to burn a DL disc (DVD+R) that is admittedly mastered in PTP mode, I sdeem to always get awarning that the disc is not properly mastered & that there is no legal Layer Break point.

All OTP/PTP issues aside (and there is a very good reason for the PTP) I know you cannot burn a disc in PTP.

However, with under 6Gb of total data I know that there should be a chapter marker somewhere that is suitable.

IMGBurn seems to be attempting to split the data 50-50 on each layer.

Why is this, and why is it not allowing me a series of possible break locations as it has done in the past?

I suspect the problem is Pilot Error on my part, and a setting I have incorrect.

Layer Break is set as "Calculate Optimal", and if I try for a user select one, I have to enter in the sector manually.

But I do not know the sector, so cannot do this.

What am I missing, please?

Remember that when you're burning an image there's no possibility for ImgBurn to do any 'padding', hence a cell must already exist somewhere that's aligned correctly on an ECC boundary.

If it's saying it can't find any then it can't find any!

Recreating the image is the easiest option by far. Doing it in build mode (on a 6gb image), I very much doubt you'll need to resort to using VobBlanker to split anything.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.