Can ImgBurn copy Divx or convert it into a regular DVD?

coody

ImgBurn does no conversions whatsoever. It is a burning app.

If you have a divx file, you can burn it via build mode. See the guides.

Regards

Hi, I could not see the topic of Divx in the Guilds Forum at http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showforum=4 and http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1779. My Divx movie has 10 Divx files. How shall I burn them into a DVD R disc by the Build Mode?

You just drag them into the source box in Build mode (or add them via the 'Browse for file' button).

So long as you understand you're 'backing them up' and not converting them to anything playable on a standalone DVD player (unless it supports DivX playback of course!).

You just drag them into the source box in Build mode (or add them via the 'Browse for file' button).

So long as you understand you're 'backing them up' and not converting them to anything playable on a standalone DVD player (unless it supports DivX playback of course!).

Now I am talking about copy Divx DVD only. After browsing all the Divx files and add them in the Build mode, I should select the

If you want to burn them directly - use the 'Device' as output instead of 'Image'.

If you use 'Image' as output - then you need to shift to 'Write' mode after the creation of the image and then write them through that mode.

:)

If you want to burn them directly - use the 'Device' as output instead of 'Image'.

If you use 'Image' as output - then you need to shift to 'Write' mode after the creation of the image and then write them through that mode.

After adding all Divx.avi files by browsing, I selected Device in the Output. But, I could not click on the Write button because it displayed Disc not Empty. However, I cannot take out the source disc before I can click on the Write button, right? What problem looks like? Why was I unable to click on the Write button after adding .avi files by browsing and selection of the Device in the Output?

disc your using has already been wrote to, try another blank

Ok, I see where the problem is. You are probably talking about copy the Divx movie from HDD to DVDR. Actually I am talking about how to copy a Divx movie from a DVD disc to DVDR. I have a Divx disc and want to make a copy of it. What mode should I select? The source of the Divx movie is not in the HDD but in the DVD disc. Can I copy a Divx movie from disc to disc and how or I have to copy it to the HDD first?

Edited by coody

Then you need to use the 'Image' option as output. Then the created image can be burned in the 'Write' mode of the program. It could be done to burn directly to your burner if you had had another reader/burner as the source, but as you only have one reader/burner installed - you need to create an image first.

Hi, I used two DVD drives (one is external) to copy a Divx disc. I selected Build mode and Output Device after adding all .avi files by browsing. When copy was completed at 100%, the disc was rejected without successful message and music. I did not know what it mean but had to insert the disc in again. Then the copy continued but failed. I have attached the ImgBurn Logs. Can you tell me what the problems look like?

****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 - Log

; Saturday, 19 April 2008, 22:58:09

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 22:57:33 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 22:57:33 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 22:57:33 Total Physical Memory: 1,038,768 KB - Available: 497,848 KB

W 22:57:33 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 22:57:33 Initialising SPTI...

I 22:57:33 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 22:57:33 Found 1 DVD-ROM, 1 DVD

Edited by coody

Does it fail if you make an image first. You got a write error in one and a verify error in the other. I notice the source might have been a CMC burned with Ner0, so the verify error may just be "I can't read off the source any more cos it is shit".

Personally, I'd try to copy the files from the source disk to your hard drive and then use build mode. Or read mode followed by write mode.

Regards

Hi, I did not make the image first but tried to copy from disc to disc (with two burners) by selection of the build mode and device output. It failed two times that resulted in two DVDR are not usable. Now you suggested copying the Divx disc movie to the HDD first and then burning it to the disc, right? Let me ask an additional question. I think the most confusion for the ImgBurn is the Mode selection. There are five options, Read, Build, Write, Verify, and Discovery. Can you explain how to correctly select those five different modes?

Edited by coody

if you have a disc you want to copy use read mode this saves as an ISO which you then burn in Write mode.

If you have read all the files from the disc to your hard drive so that they are FILES then you would use build mode to build into an ISO which you then write with Write mode.

From the guides .....

HOW TO COPY A DISK WITH IMGBURN

Read the guides!!!!!!

If you are unsure about the prog or the settings - see the links in my signature.

This is what build mode does - took 1 minute to find by following the "Complete Guide" link in my signature. http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=66439 There's even a list of guides that pertain to each mode following the explanation of the mode. Read/search first!!!!

I understand that you are confused, but you can help yourself by reading what other people have put lots of time into doing.

Also, if you are confused, use EZ picker mode and hover over the icons.

Regards

Hi, I dwnloaded the latest version of the ImgBurn. The starting screen is clearer than the old 2.3.2.0 version that I was ever confused by the selection of the Mode. Because I wanted to copy a Divx disc, I selected Write files/folders to disc. When Writing Sectors was completed at 100% as file finished, the disc still run a long time as Synchronising Cache

1. It can happen that the finalising process can take some time. So long as you get operation successfully completed, you are good to go. You should also have verify on, as it ensures your drive can read back perfectly what you have just written.

2. It does not matter if you use a -R. However, please re-read LUK!'s post #4 in this thread where he explained that unless you have a standalone player capable of playing DivX files, it won't play on a normal DVD player. It will play on your PC with software players like VLC, however. To play on a normal player, you'll need to convert them. Try DVD Flick or SUPER.

Regards

Hi, I tested it two times differently. Is there option Write image file to hard drive, by the way? I do not want to waste my disc while testing copy Divx disc to the disc. I want to copy it to the hard drive first and see whether it is playable or not. The following is the test results.

1) I inserted the source Divx disc into the laptop DVD burner and the blank disc in the external drive.

After completing synchronizing 100%, the blank disc was ejected without successful message.

The error message was

Edited by coody

Is there option Write image file to hard drive, by the way?

Click on this mode327.png icon in the build mode and the created image will be saved to your hard disk, instead of being burned directly.

Can you post the full log of the failed burn attempt? You find it here: Main Menu -> Help -> ImgBurn Logs

If you have a RW disc, try with that one so you don't waste any discs during your runs. When you know it works - switch to regular discs. It will be less expensive for you.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.