Automatic File System based on media type

simonh

Hi. Did a search but couldn't find this one. It'd be great if you imgburn would allow you to save which filesystems you want to use as default, for particular media codes or disc type. I use ISO9660 and Joliet for cd's, and ISO9660/UDF 1.02 for dvd's.

Not a big deal, but a welcome addition for me.

Cheers.

That would only apply if I wanted to burn the same files repeatedly, wouldn't it blutach? I've never saved a project to be honest, so I don't really know. As suggested, saving File System type, and then forgeting all about it would be a killer feature.

As stated before, you can already do this.

Assume you want to make a template for a CD.

Start the 'Build' mode. Don't load any files/folders and apply your setting changes. Save it with the option; Main Menu -> File -> Save Project

The next time you are going to create a CD - load the already created Project file to automatically change the settings and then just add the files/folders.

You can have as many project files saved as you want.

:)

Yes, having a global would be too much behind the scenes stuff and likely to forget what you selected and burn the wrong thing. And it already does some of this with OS and DVD Video Discs letting you know what settings and giving you the option to have them changed. To build in a set of rules to apply to a type of disc when there are many ways to write it would not be easy to test for...much less assume what you want and possibly get it wrong.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.