How Do I Burn Xbox 360 Games

Nightly

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will have to excuse my reading skills from the log you posted where you say you used Verbatim all I can see is the word shite

I 21:52:31 Destination Device: [2:1:0] TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653N 0208 (F:) (Fibre)

I 21:52:31 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: CMC MAG-D01-00) (Speeds: 2.4x)

I 21:52:31 Destination Media Sectors: 4,173,824

Actually it is my reading as you quoted someone called nightly so apologies but please post your own log

You will have to excuse my reading skills from the log you posted where you say you used Verbatim all I can see is the word shite

I 21:52:31 Destination Device: [2:1:0] TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653N 0208 (F:) (Fibre)

I 21:52:31 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: CMC MAG-D01-00) (Speeds: 2.4x)

I 21:52:31 Destination Media Sectors: 4,173,824

Actually it is my reading as you quoted someone called nightly so apologies but please post your own log

Hi again hehe here`s my log from the failed bun session.post-15816-1229769295_thumb.jpg

have you tried cleaning the lens ? make sure you are using the latest firmware and try 1 @ 8x failing that get some Verbatim MKM-001-00 2.4x speed disc's and burn @ 2.4 then buy a new burner if not better.

Hi.

Nope havent cleansed the lens, so you think the problem might be the burner?

thanks for helping me out man.

Have you since tried to verify against image using the disc you burnt to see if it again fails just after the layerbreak ?

Even with verbatim media that is not the end of burning as made in India verbatim media is not as good as it should be and is hit n miss made in Singapore media is normally much much better and is considered to be the utmost in quality for dual layer recording/burning

There's firmware SB06 for the SH-S182M burner.

I`ll try and burn with the new firmware if that doesnt work a new burner is around the corner then.

thanks a lot for the help.

I have the exact same DVD writer (IDE?) and Im getting the same problem!

It must be the writer then!? Let me know if you sorted your problem out.

right click dvd file and select burn with image burner the layer break was set wrong it should be 1913760 for an xbox game

sorry above message incorrect i was looking at another part of the thread

Edited by syedorf

HI all, I am using 8x verbatim disks, but writing at 2.4x just to play it safe. However I am still running into problems. I have tried the burning with two different games, each with an .iso and .dvd file. Both times I selected the .dvd file to burn and both times I receive the following error (in bold).

I 22:34:56 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 22:34:56 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 22:34:56 Total Physical Memory: 4,191,884 KB - Available: 2,525,740 KB

I 22:34:56 Initialising SPTI...

I 22:34:56 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 22:34:56 Found 1 CD-RW, 1 DVD-ROM, 1 DVD

Older drives seems to like the Verbatim 2.4x (MKM-001-00 dye) blanks better as they have been around longer. The new ones 8x - are sometimes not very well supported as the firmware for the writer has not been released for ages.

Looking for some help please.

I am trying to burn a backup for my copy of Gears 2,I have a .dvd and .iso file,I'm trying to burn the .dvd file using newest version of imgburn,I manually set my layer break,I think I have my booktype set to dvd-rom.I tried using Sony dvd+r dl but got 2 coasters,so I bought some verbatim dvd+r dl 2.4x today but got the same results,which is the disc wont finalize,I get No Seek Complete,here is my log

I 16:26:03 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 16:26:03 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 16:26:03 Total Physical Memory: 2,883,052 KB - Available: 2,294,064 KB

W 16:26:03 DVD43 can interfere with ImgBurn's ability to verify accurately, please ensure it's disabled!

I 16:26:03 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:26:03 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:26:03 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD