How Do I Burn Xbox 360 Games

Nightly

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi @ all!

Got my new LG GH22LS30 writer today!

NOw I wanted to brun some of my xbox 360 gamaes ...

Also bought some Verbatim MKM-003-00 mso everything fine so far! :)

Problem is now .. some of my friends also have exactly those discs (MKM-003), but a different writer (no idea which one exactly) ... it's no problem for them to brun their xbox games with 2,4x speed!

Now I wanted to do the same thing with my new LG burner ... problem is now that ImgBurn simply ignores my selected write speed (2.4x) ... it burns with 4x! :(

That's a big problem because the Xbox360 drive is simply sh*t and won't read it! :(

Any suggestions how to write with 2.4x?

Please help! :)

best regards

Twist

I seem to be having the same issues here.... i am trying to burn a DL game here. and i am getting an error... i don't think it is the burner as i just bought the computer about 3 months ago..... could someone please help me... i did also switch the layer break as it states you are suppose to.... can someone please help me...

here is a copy of the log... please help.... also tried burning at 2.4x....

I 20:03:40 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 20:03:40 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium x64 Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 20:03:40 Total Physical Memory: 4,191,740 KB - Available: 1,956,904 KB

I 20:03:40 Initialising SPTI...

I 20:03:40 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 20:03:40 Found 1 DVD

Alright, i just let one dude flash my Box, flash works. So i wanted to play a game too and ofc started to burn a game and there it all went down. Here's my log. The error was typical I/O error.

I 18:56:20 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 18:56:20 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 18:56:20 Total Physical Memory: 2

I 19:05:34 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: MKM-003-00) (Speeds: 2,4x)

dDoc;

They are 8x discs and your drive doesn't recognize them as that...

Your drive is a couple years old now and so you either need to get some slower burning discs, if you can find them or you need to replace the drive with a new one; the costs of drives is extremely reasonable now. :thumbup:

Alright. So i guess i'll buy a new burner then, because i've like 5 more 8x Vebratim DL disks what're printable. I'm planning to buy this Samsung burner. I've read some reviews of it and they're positive.

The drive is: Samsung SE-S184M

image004.jpg

I 19:05:34 Destination Device: [0:0:0] TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552U US06 (D:) (ATA)

There's firmware US09 available for your burner. Remove any and close the tray before updating. Reboot after it has finished. Not sure if it adds better support for MKM-003-00 blanks though :unsure:

Well. I need USB DVD burner. Because my motherboard supports ATA not SATA. So, i go with USB one.

or buy an ide internal

Que? What do you mean with that? What's ide iternal?

EDIT:

btw, what do you think about LG E20N drive?

Edited by dDoc