ERROR. The IMPOSSIABLE HAS HAPPENED..

haris2887

hi all...

i have recently upgraded my Machine to VISTA x64 and that is where the errors have started...EVERYTHING was working FINE in XP...

ok

when i burn and image it burns fine says successfully completed but the VERIFY FAILS...You can rule out the dvd burner being faulty as i have tried 2 burners both producing the same ERROR, Pioneer DVR-112 and dvr 212 SATa....

yOU CAN RUE OUT THE media AS I HAVE BURNED THE MEDIA WITH xp and it works fine, i have burned with my laptop and pc both work fine in XP...i have burned over 100 discs with XP all GOOD

As far as i know there is a problem With Either VISTA or IMG BURN...

LOG

I 18:32:32 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 18:32:32 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 18:32:32 Total Physical Memory: 4,191,824 KB - Available: 3,187,412 KB

I 18:32:32 Initialising SPTI...

I 18:32:32 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 18:32:53 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

Edited by haris2887

OK here is what happens on the XP machine when i varify and it gives error

I 19:46:04 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 19:46:04 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 19:46:04 Total Physical Memory: 1,047,756 KB - Available: 627,744 KB

I 19:46:04 Initialising SPTI...

I 19:46:04 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:46:45 Found 1 DVD

Vista verifies good ?

I 20:21:04 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 20:21:04 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 20:21:04 Total Physical Memory: 4,191,824 KB - Available: 3,209,316 KB

I 20:21:04 Initialising SPTI...

I 20:21:04 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 20:21:04 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

It's the discs batman....Verbatim only for DL projects.

Tried Verbs Same thing,

i know its not the Discs.....

same disc works on xp and dosent in vista ? cmon and u think it is the discs ?

i have burned over 100 of these discs with xp never not even 1 coaster or any sort of problem

just after vista ...

So then I guess your other drive isn't as good at reading those disc.

You really need a scanning drive so you can checkout the burn quality of your drives on that media.

If some drives are having trouble reading them then it stands to reason that the burn quality isn't very high.

Burn quality comes down to the drive/firmware/media combo. If yours isn't working out, you need to change one of the variables, the easiest of course being the media.

There's a reason we only recommend the Verbatim DVD+R DL (MKM-001-00) discs... they tend to work a lot better than all the others.

If the buffers are always full then it doesn't matter which software / OS you're using. All you're doing is providing the drive with data to burn. It decides how much power the laser requires for a given type of media and therefore ultimately determines the quality of the burn.

yeah i think the Laptop drive is not that good at reading the ones i have burned...

i totally agreed...

i just realized that the verbs i use were mad in india...

will try the Singapore ones...

what do u mean by

You really need a scanning drive so you can checkout the burn quality of your drives on that media.
Edited by haris2887

A scanning drive will allow you to do a quality scan of your discs after you've burned them to see how well they were burned and give an indication of the quality of the discs in general.

ok one thing still puzzles me..

when i burn the discs from my Laptop they work on both(without the Bitestting as my laptop dosent do bitsetting to dvd-rom)

but my vista machine does bitsettings

and it reads in my dvd-rom in my vista machine and my dvd-burner in my vista machine

Vista DVD-rom = successful verify

Vista dvd-burner= successful verify...

laptop= Failed verify

Edited by haris2887

It's different hardware - right?

Like I said above, the burn quality comes from the drive/firmware/media.

Change any one of those and the burn quality changes.

Different drives are better at burning certain media than others.

If you've only tried your Pioneer with those discs at 2x (going by your log), try one of the faster speeds it says it supports - i.e. 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x (ok, so not 2.4x because your 2x already burnt at that)

yeah i think the Laptop drive is not that good at reading the ones i have burned...

i totally agreed...

i just realized that the verbs i use were mad in india...

will try the Singapore ones...

Verbatim originating from India is potentially asking for trouble, particularly on CDR and DVD5 (this, I know first-hand). I'd be willing to bet there are quality issues with DVD9, as well.

When LUK stated: "Burn quality comes down to the drive/firmware/media combo. If yours isn't working out, you need to change one of the variables, the easiest of course being the media..." he was not kidding.

:shifty:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.