how enable dma

juandan

how do I Enable "DMA" I've looked at this tutarial http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/dvdguide005.html

my system, motherboard Asus M2V-MX, cpu Athlon 64 X2 dual-core, 2Gb ram, OS winxp home,

when I double click on primary channel, Transfer mode says dma if available

but current transfer mode says not applicable

its the same in both primary and secondary channels

I'm having problems burning a movie in any burning software

I've uninstalled primary and secondary channel and rebooted but things are just the same, can you please tell me another way I can get DMA enabled

snapshot

snapqt2.th.png

snapqt2.th.png

Hi thanks for your help, I can't uninstall the IDE/ATA controller, I can see it but it doesn't give me an option to uninstall it, here is a snapshot of my device manager

devicemanagerwh3.th.png

Edited by juandan

As you haven't anything attached to those IDE controllers - there is no DMA status to report.

You can right click on the VIA ATA Channel and select properties in the tab Advanced settings there should be a DMA option.

:)

As you haven't anything attached to those IDE controllers - there is no DMA status to report.

You can right click on the VIA ATA Channel and select properties in the tab Advanced settings there should be a DMA option.

:)

If I right click on VIA channel the select properties this what I get

viasnatcs2.th.png

You need to click on Primary and Secondary and then the advanced tab

I've done that,

snapshottuesdaymb4.th.png

its the same with secondary channel note current transfer mode, not applicable

Edited by juandan

Which version hyperion drivers are you using?

Also next time you install windows maybe set the sata in bios to IDE or AUTO instead of AHCI (if that is how you have it set now)

latest Via chipset drivers http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/via_hyperionpro_v517a.zip

thanks for your help I've

installed the VIA chipset drivers I'll post back later

Edited by juandan

Which version hyperion drivers are you using?

Also next time you install windows maybe set the sata in bios to IDE or AUTO instead of AHCI (if that is how you have it set now)

latest Via chipset drivers http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/via_hyperionpro_v517a.zip

thanks for your help I've

installed the VIA chipset drivers I'll post back later

I can burn a video file with Imgburn but not with nero

I was going to say the same thing, but I've been overtime on Nero bashing, so took a break. It sounds like there may still be some DMA issues though. I never liked VIA drivers too much either. Nero has been a mess too...I had to install it to use the MP3 conversion stuff and it added a bogus/corrupt entry to my autoplay options I need to fix now. If he can burn with ImgBurn at least he has something though.

If you look at his thread on D9, there doesn't appear to be a real problem in respect of burn speed.

Plus juandan, you should update to ImgBurn 2.4.1.0.

Regards

If you look at his thread on D9, there doesn't appear to be a real problem in respect of burn speed.

Plus juandan, you should update to ImgBurn 2.4.1.0.

Regards

Thanks for all the help, I think I'll just stick with the excellent Imgburn, I just couldn't understand how Nerovision couldn't burn the same video file that Imgburn could burn, I just wanted to solve the problem, thank again for all the help.

regards Dan

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.