Disc verifying after burning

Nik

Hi all.

How ImgBurn does verifying after burning?

Should I do something like md5-checking myself if I need to know exactly if all my mega important data were burned successfully and correctly?

ImgBurn compares byte by byte of the burned disc against the image file. Since you're worried about your data, create MD5 hashes and verify them from time to time, just to be sure.

Use only quality media, such as Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden blanks. You might also want to backup your data with RAR + recovery record, or similar technique, so that you can retrieve your data even if the disc goes bad. Burning 2 (or more) discs of the same data is another option.

Since you're worried about your data, create MD5 hashes and verify them from time to time, just to be sure...You might also want to backup your data with RAR + recovery record, or similar technique, so that you can retrieve your data even if the disc goes bad.
Can you (or anyone) explain briefly how to "create MD5 hashes and verify" or what the RAR + recovery method is? :innocent:

mmalves,

tnx for answer. Byte by byte - it's cool. :) As i understand it, it's unnecessary to do extra checking? )

BTW, md5summer is really cool. I use it regularly.

btw, rar sucks. It's proprietary ;)

Remember MD5 hashes are created in your log.
Reminds me of something one of my High School "teachers" used to say whenever he encountered a student's response to a question, "I forgot".

His retort: "In order to Forget, first you must Know!"

;):teehee::thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.