Logical unit communication crc error

wishfull

Could not find any help for this topic in the guides.

Use 2x pc, one mainly for aud/vid, burning etc...Memory 2gb, cpu amd, 4x sata raid hd.

This unit acts funny, did a hardware check, winxp sp3 and progs new installation after the error. Problem the same. 3 hours wasted.

However, my second pc burns allright, cd-dvd.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday burning 3x dvd +R DL.

Number 4 suddenly stops at about 6% and the message: logical unit communication crc error(ultr-dma/32).

Understand that this is a transmitting error between the data on hd and the dvd disc and not imgburn. Yes, dvd drives all dma.

Done some extra burning: different 4.7 dvd and 8.5, all +R and var content and dvd brand, also older iso files..

Only movie(vob) data dvds at about 6-12% stop and the error msg. Not cd/dvd and data/progs/pics.

Format system partition and new installation winxp sp3 and firmware reinstall drive, no pos result with minimum prog install and/or full. Not some prog to blame.

Windows drivers for hd, memory etc...and drives ok.

Burn device LG.

Yesterday, I have not changed anything in the system or installation before or after the burning errors.

Any advise?

Greetings,

As is normally the case with the ultra dma crc 32 error, you should look at swapping out the cable going to the drive, using one as short as possible (and 80 wire if it's IDE).

Find which controller the drive is connected to (in the case of it being a 3rd party one and not part of the main motherboard chipset), then goto the manufacturer's website and get the latest driver.

You should also look at motherboard bios updates and driver updates for the main chipset too (like Intel Chipset INF and Intel Matrix drivers - only AMD/NVIDIA ones for you I guess!).

As is normally the case with the ultra dma crc 32 error, you should look at swapping out the cable going to the drive, using one as short as possible (and 80 wire if it's IDE).

Find which controller the drive is connected to (in the case of it being a 3rd party one and not part of the main motherboard chipset), then goto the manufacturer's website and get the latest driver.

You should also look at motherboard bios updates and driver updates for the main chipset too (like Intel Chipset INF and Intel Matrix drivers - only AMD/NVIDIA ones for you I guess!).

All replies welcome!

My post: Hardware check including cables, drivers up to date, board up to date etc......

All very basic.

Any other advice?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.