Buffer Underuns Question

ominus

hi

i would like to ask about a rare weird situation i am facing when burning dvds.

although my pc is old,i have never faced buffer underun problems,except when i have to burn dvd compilations which consist of about 120-130 files with an average filesize of 50mb.

if i burn dvd compilations of a few large files,or individual iso files or even compilations of thousands small files,i never encounter buffern underuns.

but when i try to burn 100 files of 50mb each,then my hdd keeps causing a lot of underuns and my 8x burning process lasts even an hour.

so just from curiosity,could u tell me what might cause this? i mean if my pc/win xp/hdd configuration couldnt handle the writing speed,i would have buffer underun problems with all the kind of dvd compliations.but the strange thing is that it happens only when burning about 100 files of 50mb.

i tried to burn with 2x writing speed,i increased the buffer size,i even defraged and closed all the unessecary programs before burning,but still the buffer underuns occur,and they are lots of them

so any idea why is this happening?

How much memory does your machine have available when ImgBurn starts (look in the log window).

The more files you have to open, the more overhead there is - so it's easier to burn 1 x 1GB file than 10 x 100MB files.

Also you have to take into account antivirus kicking in and checking the files are not infected etc - again, this is all part of the 'overhead'.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.