Can't burn DVD-RW

JXBlack

I have some old DVD-RW disc which I have burned succesfully many times with Nero. When I put then in Image Burn it says disc must be refomatted and then it starts ersing the disk. It shows a per centage count up to about 50% and then it stops showing the % and just shows "erasing disk". It never changes and it won't allow me to close the program. Sometimes I need to reboot the computer.

I just bought some new Sony DVD-RW and these crash me machine (WinXP) when I put them in Image Burn. I have a pioneer burner.

Yet Image Burn appears to burn my regular DVD-R just fine?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Look in this list for the model of your Pioneer burner and download the latest firmware available for it. Remove any disc from the drive, close the tray and run the firmware updater. Reboot when it's finished. Then try ImgBurn again :)

Thank you for your reply.

I have Poneer model DVR-109. Your list shows this firmware is dated Aug 2005 and I up dated the firmware in April of 2006 so presumably I have the latest firmware???

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again

The latest firmware for DVR-109 is 1.58, so check if you're using this version. The firmware version is shown at the top-right of the Information area of most of ImgBurn's modes :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.