And LFC thinks his scans are good!

jack

I like the quality rating myself! :oeternalsunshine3kj.png

It was one of the first times i'd used DVDinfopro and I hadnt got a clue what I was doing!! :blink: My scans and burns are much better now, mind you that Lite-on drive will not give me a decent burn on a Ritek. My Phillips gives me flawless burns on them, 98+ quality rating. I only burn TY's in the Lite-on now and they are flawless too.

=))=)) No it wasnt intentional, I was just clueless!! The disc crapped out at the end when I played, so I know it was a bad burn. I'm a real newb when it comes to scanning, I just stuck the disc in and pressed start! :D I will scan it again when I get a chance, i'm intrested to see how much diffrence it makes.

=))=))=))=)) I hope not! I want to get good at this!

I like the quality rating on this one, but thats about the only bit I do understand!! :wacko:

lordsofdogtown25lt.png

This is one I did tonight, scanned on the phillips. Not quite as good as the TY .I beleive the Phillips is a rebadged Benq from what i've read.

lastdays26rt.png

The Lite-on doesnt seem to support jitter, at least I cant seem to get it to anyway.

Cheers. With a bit of help I might work out how to scan a disc properley. I just jumped in feet first like I usually do and these were the results I was getting. Any help is appreciated.

Just scanning the 0% disc again now. I just get 8x not 8x cav in the second drop down box and the Lite-on still doesnt support jitter. Is that right? 17% into the scan and the quality rating is 99%!!!!! :o

Marginally better at 8x, 7.7%!! =))=))=))=)) One for the bin methinks! I will probably do all my scanning with my Phillips then, as that gives me a jitter reading. Just going to do the TY again and see what the rating is then. You are right Chewy, I think i'm getting hooked on this scanning lark!

Yeah, i've had it a while but it has never let me down. I'm still on the original firmware as well, the burns have been so reliable that I havent bothered updating.

Just scanned the TY from before on the Phillips:

lodphillips1yq.png

Bit disapointed really, thought it would be better. Excuse my ignorance, but is the diffrence down to the jitter?

It is the same disc, the only diffrence now is that I printed on it with my Epson r200 and i've watched the film once.

The Liteon was meant to replace the Phillips. I just have a shitload of Ritek's to use up yet. Always handy to have a back-up burner anyway. I have a Samsung DVD rom as well, but everytime I try and scan anything from that DVDinfo pro locks up. Mind you it is even older than the Phillips!! :D Thanks for your help guys, I've learnt quite a bit tonight. :thumbup:

=))=))=))=)) I hope not! I want to get good at this!

I like the quality rating on this one, but thats about the only bit I do understand!! :wacko:

lordsofdogtown25lt.png

according to Zevia,

Keep in mind that Jamos use a Lite-On drive which is 1ECC scanner and will produce lower PIFs compared to BenQ scans (8ECC).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.