Batch creation of ISOs

Dan Miller

Hi guys...

Newby poster here, long time lurker...

Here's the issue I'm facing.

I have about 200 DVD's imported to a server. DVD Shrink, Decrypter, etc... was used. All of them are imported to file structure (VOB, IFo, etc...) and not ISO. This was primarily so I could use MyMovies with MCE. Unfortunately I have given up on that idea, and want to use a hardware based player which requires ISOs.

Is there any way to do a batch conversion? The ISOs will never be used to burn from, so I don't have to worry about layer breaks, but I cry when I think about doing each one manually.

If ImgBurn isn't the ticket is there something that is?

Thanks in advance...

Dan

There are a lot of ways to play the VOBs...

This is about the Wife Acceptance Factor.

If you look at Kaleidescape, Escient Vision or anoy of the other CONSUMER based systems, you see that spending time and money on an interface that even the babysitter can use is crucial.

If it were just for me, I'd leave it where it is. Most of the networked medial players can play these files.

But what ISO building will do for me is set it up so that on the screen you will see the movie title. Period. Select it and it plays.

It needs to be one interface that never crashes, operates the same for all my media (videos, photos, music).

Well when you mentioned shrink I thought they might not be.

You could easily write a batch script to call up ImgBurn and process the 200 folders but there's no getting around the layer break.... oh hang on, yes there is!

Change the single layer profile (Advanced -> Media) to something bigger than a standard DVD+R DL disc and then it won't think it needs to split anything.

• 2 weeks later...
Well when you mentioned shrink I thought they might not be.

You could easily write a batch script to call up ImgBurn and process the 200 folders but there's no getting around the layer break.... oh hang on, yes there is!

Change the single layer profile (Advanced -> Media) to something bigger than a standard DVD+R DL disc and then it won't think it needs to split anything.

well, for the ignorant and naive, a copy of the script would be helpful.

tnx.

ImgBurn.exe /MODE BUILD /BUILDMODE IMAGEFILE /SRC "C:\Folder1\" /DEST "D:\Image1.iso" /FILESYSTEM "ISO9660 + UDF" /NOIMAGEDETAILS /START /CLOSE

ImgBurn.exe /MODE BUILD /BUILDMODE IMAGEFILE /SRC "C:\Folder2\" /DEST "D:\Image2.iso" /FILESYSTEM "ISO9660 + UDF" /NOIMAGEDETAILS /START /CLOSE

ImgBurn.exe /MODE BUILD /BUILDMODE IMAGEFILE /SRC "C:\Folder3\" /DEST "D:\Image3.iso" /FILESYSTEM "ISO9660 + UDF" /NOIMAGEDETAILS /START /CLOSE

ImgBurn.exe /MODE BUILD /BUILDMODE IMAGEFILE /SRC "C:\FolderX\" /DEST "D:\ImageX.iso" /FILESYSTEM "ISO9660 + UDF" /NOIMAGEDETAILS /START /CLOSE

Something like that.

Ok... Here is the script that a buddy of mine wrote for me...

I think I'm on the right track, but...

It still is requiring some user interaction and...

200 instances of ImgBurn running at the same time practically brings the world to a halt. Is there a sequential way of doing this?

for /d %i in (D:\Shares\Videos\DVD\* ) do (

ImgBurn.exe /MODE BUILD /BUILDMODE IMAGEFILE /SRC

In a normal batch file they should run sequentially.

It's only when I see people using the 'start' command to run ImgBurn that there's a problem (unless the call 'start' with the '/wait' switch).

i.e.

Start ImgBurn.exe /MODE BUILD.....

Start /wait ImgBurn.exe /MODE BUILD......

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.