Disc not Empty

giblet

Hi

I've got TS-L532U latpop drive with the latest T104 firmware - http://backfire.rpc1.org/tsstcorp/index.php?path=TS-L532U/

However, in ImgBurn when I insert the above discs, I get 'Disc not Empty' message. Its fine with Verbatim DVD+R.

When I try the DL discs on my external burner, the disc is fine and shows as 'Empty'.

I assume this means my TS-L532U can't support the 8x disks?

Is there any way around this. I've tried to find newer firmware but there isn't any.

Thanks

therealgiblet

Nope, I would think you're out of luck there.

You'll need the 2.4x MKM-001-00 dye Verbatims instead.

Ok thanks mate.

I've just tried burning these 8x discs on my external burner and keep getting weird error messages,

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?qui...mlx&thumb=5

here's the log... I've no idea what it means but if I click cancel the disc seems to burn... not tested it though. I've got a feeling this media is also a bit messed up...

I 11:36:37 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 11:36:37 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 11:36:37 Total Physical Memory: 981,424 KB - Available: 549,220 KB

I 11:36:37 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:36:37 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:36:38 Found 2 DVD-ROMs and 1 DVD

Edited by giblet

It's a LOT easier to find the problems you're talking about if you don't enable I/O debug mode!!!

W 11:41:26 Failed to check L0 Data Zone Capacity!

W 11:41:26 Reason: Logical Unit not ready, Long Write in progress

I assume this is the one you mean?

Ignore it for now, it's because your drive doesn't handle setting the layer break in the same way other drives do - they don't say it's done until it's actually done but yours is saying it's done and then still saying it's in progress when I try and send the next command.

I've just implemented a workaround for that so the next version of the program shouldn't bring up that message.

No, ImgBurn logs what it does all the time - it goes into the 'Log' window which should be kept open at all times really. (Click the 'View' menu -> 'Log').

That window keeps you informed about everything ImgBurn is doing and any problems it's come across. It's opened/visible by default on a clean install and should really stay that way ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.