New DVD-RW drive to purchase

the olde

Hi, not sure this is the best place for this but help required please.

Looking to build a new PC with all new drives.

Any suggestions with regard to the best ones at the moment?

I have been using a Benq & NEC which were brilliant but a few years old now.

Many than :unsure: ks

Hi olde :)

The BenQ's are no longer being made and NEC has been gobbled up as well, but you can still find excellent drives from them now named NEC/Optiarc.

Depending on whether you go PATA or SATA.

NEC 7200a (PATA)

NEC 7200s (SATA)

Pioneer 116 (PATA)

Pioneer 216 (SATA)

Most Lite-On's are solid performers in either interface.

Hi olde :)

The BenQ's are no longer being made and NEC has been gobbled up as well, but you can still find excellent drives from them now named NEC/Optiarc.

Depending on whether you go PATA or SATA.

NEC 7200a (PATA)

NEC 7200s (SATA)

Pioneer 116 (PATA)

Pioneer 216 (SATA)

Most Lite-On's are solid performers in either interface.

Cheers for the info, SATA over IDE now?

If you are building a new rig I would think you'd have plenty of SATA ports available to you and newer mobo's typically only have one IDE(PATA)....that, to me, would make it a no brainer. On top of that SATA is the "now" interface while IDE was the "yesterday" interface. I really see IDE being phased out completely in the future, but who am I? :)

Now just get you a nice beefy modular PSU with plenty of plugins to power all those new SATA ODD's and HDD's you'll be plugging in and you'll be in business.

Corsair HX620

You can never have enough SATA ports. After a few scans I did this weekend, you might want to add the LiteON iHAS120 to that list. @LOCOENG, I thought there was still a question mark on the PIO 216s?

Not sure...I know I love my 215 and LUK has a 216 that I haven't heard any complaints from. :rolleyes:

If you are building a new rig I would think you'd have plenty of SATA ports available to you and newer mobo's typically only have one IDE(PATA)....that, to me, would make it a no brainer. On top of that SATA is the "now" interface while IDE was the "yesterday" interface. I really see IDE being phased out completely in the future, but who am I? :)

Now just get you a nice beefy modular PSU with plenty of plugins to power all those new SATA ODD's and HDD's you'll be plugging in and you'll be in business.

Corsair HX620

Hi, going for either the 7201S or 7200S, 7201s has lightsribe plus bundled with Nero for very little extra.

Is the 7201S ok or should I stick with the 7200?

Use -Media

Many thanks

Hi Soup! :)

It only happens on certain image sizes. :(

Try to use Discovery mode in ImgBurn and set the sector size to 1 800 174 and burn to a +R disc.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/liteon-dh20a3...tml#post2136571

Hi Cynthia, wow, interesting stuff, but if it's okay I am just going to use mine as is for now. Thank you for the info though.

Yes, it's a shame as my Lite-On DH-20A3H give me very good burning results on most DVD brands + the jitter scanning feature.

:)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.