Traxdata 4x DVD+R [RICOHJPN-R01-02]

Grain

I picked up some Ricoh branded +R's with the RICOHJPN-R01-02 media id, rated at 8X though. Are of the shiny silver printable nature, although it says pearl white on the spindle. Seem to print well with certain labels, giving it a bit of a holographic look, others don't look that good.

Seem like decent enough quality, and being very easy on the wallet helps.

I have some of these discs from a few years back - I loved them !!

Problem is yesterday me and Mrs lfcrule1972 were watching the second series of 24 which was backed up onto them, 2 hours into the first disc and lovely pixellations, now onto second disc and there is a nice dark smudge in the dye that wasn't there when I first burnt/verified these discs..... :(

Seems the shelf life on the these older Traxdata's is not as long as I had hoped - still got 4 more discs of the series to go - may have to dig out the original box set if all the discs are going bad.... :|

:o That's not what I wanted to hear at all LFC! But I do appreciate the heads up, and good thing to hear it now with most unburned, rather than with 100 questionable discs.

As I said this has been noticed on a backup of Series 2 24 which I did two years ago..... A lot of my early back ups of the kids stuff is on the same discs so I will check those out and see if these discs come from a rogue spindle or they are just reaching the end of their shelf life....

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.