new update

williamsbobby

I went to burn an ISO file to a DVD, something I have done without problems for quite some time and a pop up tells me of a newer version available. I went to the site and downloaded it. Then I went back to burn the DVD and I have wasted six discs now. I even uninstalled it and attempted to reload the older version I had and can't get it back. The problem seems to be once the lead in is written and the buffer loads, it locks up and then after a short time I get an I/O error telling me of an incompatibility. I'm using the same disks, the same burner, the same computer, the only thing that can be incompatible is the new program. Is there a setting I need to change somewhere or what? Help Me, please.

I'm sorry for not including a log in the earlier post, I didn't want to waste another disk just to get a log if it wasn't necessary. Here's the log. . .

I 20:05:34 ImgBurn Version 1.3.0.0 started!

I 20:05:34 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 20:05:34 Initialising SPTI...

I 20:05:34 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 20:05:34 Found 1 DVD

I 20:06:16 Destination Device: [5:0:0] LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-160H6S CP91 (E:) (ATA)

There's firmware CS08 available for your burner. Remove any disc and close the tray before updating. Reboot after it has finished.

What's the brand of the discs you're using? You might get better burns at 8x or 12x speed.

I am using the same disks I've used for a year or more, I'm using the same drive, the same everything. The brand name is Verbatim. I haven't changed anything except the version of this program. The program has worked fine all along until I upgraded today. I clicked on your CS08 hyperlink and downloaded the firmware. My computer doesn't know what to do with it. I've wasted almost a dozen disks this evening trying to do something that has always worked just fine before. Now I can't get the new version to work, I can't get the 2.4 version to work, and my old 1.3 version won't work. What's up?

I 20:09:00 Average Write Rate: 94 KB/s (0.1x) - Maximum Write Rate: 2,077 KB/s (1.5x)

Make sure your DMA is enabled.

In the future when we ask for a log you don't have to create another coaster as the logs are automatically saved. Go to Help->Imgburn logs and they can all be found there.

I 20:06:16 Source File: J:\Bobby\DVD3\FORGETTING_SARAH_MARSHALL.MDS

If this is coming from Dvd Shrink to fit on a single layer blank disc, why is this the source file?

I 20:06:16 Source File Size: 4,682,248,192 bytes

What's your setting in Dvd Shrink?

I 20:06:16 Write Speed: MAX

Do you always burn at this speed, general rule of thumb is half the maximum rated speed of the blank disc, IE; 16X burn @8X.

To be fair I think they had updated to latest version and when it did not work and were convinced that going back to previous version that had been working would work again. :whistling:

To the original poster there is no magic setting it is down to your hardware/media combo . whilst the disc's may look the same you just never can tell if they were made in another factory or they had quality issues or if they are even genuine verbatim. Update your firmware as advised and follow Cynthia's advice on how to do it or get someone that is better with computers to do it for you.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.