Cannot burn DVD+R DL with any software...

kanata30

Hello, Gentlemen

I have a question for you please. I have an LG DVD Burner (yes i know it is a bad one but it is new and I got it before I knew that). I also use Memorex DVD+R DL.

I tried to burn regular DVD+R and they burn just all right. However I cannot burn DL DVDs. I tried several programs: Nero, Ashampoo, ImgBurn and DVDDecrypter but nothing seems to work. What happens is that a DVD DL burns up to 30% or so and then it reports an error - it happened to 8 blank DVD DL and I tried to burn various things like DVD Images and data files but it all looks the same.

I seriously suspect that the whole 'pie box' of DVDs are defective. I know that it is an ImgBurn support forum but unfortunately I did not think to save a log when I was using ImgBurn but I did recalled to save a log the last time when I was using DVDDecrypter.

I have attached a DVDDecrypt log - you can see errors there. I would really appreciate if someone could take a look at the log and tell me what is the problem.

Thank you in advance for that

DVDDecrypter_Nov_21_2008.log

unfortunately I did not think to save a log when I was using ImgBurn but I did recalled to save a log the last time when I was using DVDDecrypter.

LG burners are OK , dont know why you say it a bad one ?

as it happens, Lightning_UK allowed for people forgetting to save the log file, and arranged for ImgBurn to do it automatically for you :thumbup: HELP tab > ImgBurn logs .

its a straight forward write error, which points directly to the discs being used.

the simple fact that kanata30 mentioned memorex was enough to tell us that the discs do not have the ID of MKM-001( which the recomended verbatim discs have).

cheapest easiest option is to try better media.

The only way you can say there problem is common, is because they use cheaper/inferior discs and not the verbatims we recomend. for DL+R you need to use verbatim's 2.4x with the ID of MKM-001 that are made in Singapore ( NOT the ones made in India) . update to the latest firmware for the drive if there is one available, then if problems still persist we start looking at other things

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.