Optiarc DVDRWBD BC-5600S 103B

Species

Hi all,

I am using ImgBurn (currently the newest 2.4.2.0) since years without having any problems. But now I got a new laptop from Dell, having the drive Optiarc BC-5600S (firmware version is 103B) installed together with Windows Vista. While burning it suddenly stops without giving any error messages. The drive is still spinning, but nothing happens for hours. Sometimes it occurs during lead in, sometimes at the beginning of the data track, sometimes later. I've tried now multiple media (single layer and double layer), but always the same. Please advice where I can take a look at. To be honest, I'm pretty clueless, because of having no error or warning messages.

Thanks for help,

Enrico

Sorry I forgot. But I think there is nothing interesting about it.

This happened also in test mode, it still says "Writing LeadIn" and the disc is spinning. That's it...

I 16:54:34 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 16:54:34 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 16:54:34 Total Physical Memory: 3.139.524 KB - Available: 2.094.800 KB

I 16:54:34 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:54:34 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:54:34 Found 1 DVD

Year I thought too, but I'm already using Verbatim media (single and double layer) for that reason. On the other hand I've tried now different burning tools - CloneCD is having the same issues as ImgBurn, but the preinstalled Roxio seems to work fine. Well, still clueless what's wrong, I bet I'll have to wait for a firmware update of the device or something.

Cheers,

Enrico

I 16:55:09 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: OPTODISCR008) (Speeds: 2x; 4x; 6x; 8x)

According to your log you aren't using Verbatims. That seems to be a fairly new drive, is the laptop new as well?

• 4 months later...

Hi,

i had the same Drive in my brandnew Studio 15. After i flashed the new firmware 108B, i still got the same problems: i couldn't burn a single dvd+r...

In another forum i found a solution that works for me: i installed the Intel Matrix Storage Manager and now i can burn dvd+r's and erase dvd+rw without problems!

64bit: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Des...64&lang=eng

32bit: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Des...32&lang=eng

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.