Booktype not working and burning freezes

davidw89

I have tested this on two drives, the first being an ASUS DRW-2014L1t and a Pioneer DVR-216

Both drives have the latest firmware.

I'm trying to burn 7gb ISO onto dual layered disk. They are of Ritek brand (yeah i know they're shit but my friend wouldn't listen to me and decided to get the cheaper ones instead of verbatim).

On the ASUS DRW-2014L1t burner it burns fine but the end result is a dvd+r DL without the dvd-rom booktype. I have tried booktype device menu but none of the settings work. Please tell me there's a way to set booktype. Is there any other programs that can force booktype?

When i burn it on the Pioneer DVR-216 it gets stucked at 15% or 30% etc..is this a hardware problem or a software problem? I have wasted 3 disc already..

Also how to i set layer break?

Those two drives automatically booktype +R DL media to DVD-ROM. Insert a burned disc while in Write mode and look at the booktype under Physical Information (Last Recorded). It's also shown in the log at the start of the Verify process.

The layerbreak can be set at Tools -> Settings -> Write tab, but if you're burning from a .dvd or .mds file(s) they'll tell ImgBurn where to place the layerbreak :)

Yes i've checked the physical information and it is DVD+R DL not DVD ROM.

I am going to get him to buy the Verbatim disc, as i have burned Dual Layered disc in the past and they all work fine and booktyped to dvd-rom so there's nothing wrong with my burner.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.