Burn Error

yodachaos

I am having trouble burning a disc. It wont finish the burn.

I keep getting a Burnthread Runtime Exception Error - Message = EAccessViolation

I would post a log file but I went to the place that the log was sopposed to wright to so I opened it manually during the burn process and here is a picture from it. Im using TYG03 disc, so there good disc.

99134037cm0.th.jpg

Edited by yodachaos

Hi and welcome to the forum, yodachaos! :)

As being an elderly woman, I have some problems to read the text in such a small picture.

Can you post the log instead? Just copy and paste it as you do in a word processing program into a posting window here.

You'll find the log saved here: Main Menu -> Help -> ImgBurn Logs

lol, my bad. I thought it would pop up to alot bigger picture.

thats the problem I went to that log before and this is what I get.

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; Tuesday, 02 December 2008, 21:47:46

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 21:47:27 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 21:47:27 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 21:47:27 Total Physical Memory: 2,880,132 KB - Available: 1,661,644 KB

I 21:47:27 Initialising SPTI...

I 21:47:27 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 21:47:39 Found 1 DVD

Have you been able to burn without issues before with ImgBurn?

thinking about I dont think I have been able to on this computer. I also get errors when I try using Nero burning rom. I can usually get through the burn with nero but the burn usually wont work on standalone dvd players.

also when I get the error with imgburn, it keeps the drive locked where I have to restart to eject the disc.

Edited by yodachaos

That your writer is noted as connected through (Fibre) sounds not right. In most cases the default Windows chip set drivers are the best to use. What mother board do you have installed?

how do I figure out the motherboard type? its a Dell XPS 730 computer

It's pretty unusual to have the burn thread crash like that, it means there's some sort of memory access issue.

The log/screenshot don't really give anything away that would help me figure out exactly where this is happening.

Whilst it could be an nvidia driver thing, it's not erroring out in the same way for you that it does for other people.

If I'm to try and help any more, the best thing you could do now is try using one of the other I/O interfaces and see if the same thing happens. After that I'll probably have to send you a debug build to try.

btw, you don't need to restart to eject the disc, just load ImgBurn again and tell it to eject it (it'll unlock the tray before doing so).

I/O interface as in TOOLS > SETTINGS > I/O tab ,

ASAPI.dll

wnaspi32.dll

ELBY CDIO

Patin Coffin ( vso convertx2dvd)

from our FAQ page ( for a differant problem to yours though)

Install ASPI or an application that installs ElbyCDIO on your machine - i.e. CloneDVD*. Then go into the settings and on the I/O tab, select the appropriate 'Interface'.

you may need to install other bits, or may already have the necassary already on your PC ,

I/O interface as in TOOLS > SETTINGS > I/O tab ,

ASAPI.dll

wnaspi32.dll

ELBY CDIO

Patin Coffin ( vso convertx2dvd)

from our FAQ page ( for a differant problem to yours though)

Install ASPI or an application that installs ElbyCDIO on your machine - i.e. CloneDVD*. Then go into the settings and on the I/O tab, select the appropriate 'Interface'.

you may need to install other bits, or may already have the necassary already on your PC ,

I installed the nero aspi.dll manager but I cant find a asapi.dll manger.

Edited by yodachaos

Any one of them will do, you don't need them all.

Once you've copied wnaspi32.dll to ImgBurn's program folder and switched to the ASPI I/O Interface, give it another go and tell me if you still have the same problems.

Ok. I tried it on my laptop, Ill try it on my desktop after I get back to my dorm and try it.

thanks for all the help.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.