I/O Error while verifing!! Plz help

stylez

Hello,

I use Benq EW822U to burn MCC 03RG20 DVD-Rs. It was burning perfect but few days ago while verifing it started giving "Command Sequence Error". Then I changed my burner to Lite-On DH20A4P for first few DVD burns it went well but then again it started showing "Command Sequence Error".

Things I've tried:

I re-installed clean Windows XP SP2!

Used Sony CD-R, HP CD-R, Sony DVD-R but it giving same "Command Sequence Error".

I tried to write with 4x, 8x, 12 and 16x speeds!

Then I updated Lite-On firmware and tryed again. This time it showed "L-EC Uncorrectable Error" while verifing.

Please help me! I don't wanna replace my writer and MCC 03RG20 DVD-Rs. What shall I do now?

Writers:

Benq ATAPI DVD DUAL 8x4x12

Lite-On DH20A4P

DVD-R:

MCC 03RG20 [i bought them from Umedisc Ltd. Biggest Asian DVD Manufacturer]

My log:

I 14:39:08 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 14:39:08 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 14:39:08 Total Physical Memory: 1

Edited by stylez

Here's another recent LOG. I tried to burn same MCC 03RG20 DVD-R with Benq EW822U.

I 12:30:26 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 12:30:26 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 12:30:26 Total Physical Memory: 1

I also used Sony CD-R,DVD-R,DVD+RW and HP CD-R. But i get same error.

DVD-Rs I'm using are not fake, cuz I personally ordered and received them. [www.umedisc.com] They also make Kodak DVD-Rs.

I bought lot of their DVD-Rs so I need to find solution to burn them. Most interesting thing is that It was burning and verifing fine.

Real MCC discs are manufacturer by Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, or where did you think the MCC comes from?

Umedisc media should have UMExxx for the ID, so yes, they're fake. And you're getting those errors because you've got a lower quality batch than the ones you've used before. Think about it: if it was any good would they have to fake their media codes?

Real MCC discs are manufacturer by Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, or where did you think the MCC comes from?

Umedisc media should have UMExxx for the ID, so yes, they're fake. And you're getting those errors because you've got a lower quality batch than the ones you've used before. Think about it: if it was any good would they have to fake their media codes?

Thing I'm interested is that why it suddenly started giving those errors.

If they were bad then why were they burning and verifing without any problem before for few months? I searched for this problem here and as i noticed lot of people are have this kind of problem. And nobody I guess knows how to solve it.

Edited by stylez

Thing I'm interested is that why it suddenly started giving those errors.

If they were bad then why were they burning and verifing without any problem before for few months? I searched for this problem here and as i noticed lot of people are have this kind of problem. And nobody I guess knows how to solve it.

Because a lot of brands aren't consistent, but change their manufacturer looking for cheaper options. Its worse if they fake the codes to try and fool firmwares into working with their discs:

Best thing to do to help understand is take a look at this page:

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

PS. As you can see in the chart on that page UME Discs of Hong Kong are considered 3rd class = Crap media. I'm sorry man, they may be big in Asia but they are very low in reputation.

Edited by Guzeppi

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.