DVD player not Reading DVD

naughte

Hey! I am trying to burn a DVD to be read in my standalone dvd player. I burned the dvd using the dvd file to single layer dvd guide and i had no problems. when i tried to play the burnt dvd in my standalone dvd player it gave me a disc read error. i have used these discs in the past with my dvd player so i know that they are readable by the player. i followed the guide to the letter but can't figure out what the problem is. the only thing i can think of is that i only put the .vob media file in the VIDEO_TS folder so im guessing maybe you have to have a VIDEO_TS.IFO file? although i didn't have to have that file with nero. i would just drag and drop my .vob file into the window hit burn and bam everything be good. ne wayz i have included my log below so any information at all would be much appreciated!! Thanks!

I 17:59:15 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 17:59:15 Microsoft Windows Vista Business Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 17:59:15 Total Physical Memory: 3,667,516 KB - Available: 2,340,248 KB

I 17:59:15 Initialising SPTI...

I 17:59:15 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 17:59:15 Found 1 DVD

it does look like a dvd authoring problem , and yes, you do need an .IFO file for the standalone player to recognise it .

whatever your using to create the source file, leave its ( complete) output in the VIDEO_TS folder.

then, with ImgBurn

use build mode, and select the parent folder that contains the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folder and you should be fine.

it does look like a dvd authoring problem , and yes, you do need an .IFO file for the standalone player to recognise it .

whatever your using to create the source file, leave its ( complete) output in the VIDEO_TS folder.

then, with ImgBurn

use build mode, and select the parent folder that contains the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folder and you should be fine.

Ok Awesome that's what i figured volvofl but i just wanted to be sure so not to waste another dvd before continuing. Thanks for the timely response!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.