RiData (Ritek) DVD-R DL

Leeroy17

I have read most of the issues that relates with DVD-R DL that does not work. Please bear with me with this one.

The Ritek DVD-R DL burns successfully with ImgBurn except it paused at synchronising but take about two mins to complete successfully.

When I play the disc on my Pioneer DVD Player, It display the disc has been finalised with

Please post a log of one of the DVD-R DL burns, but I think your Pioneer DVD player doesn't support that type of media and/or it couldn't read it properly.

Hi mmalves,

Thanks for the response. As requested, the log of the Ritek 4x DVD-R DL burns. The log I believe shows the process completed successfully but unable to play on my Pioneer DVD player which displayed the disc has "No Name" and "No Title".

I 21:15:32 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 21:15:32 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 21:15:32 Total Physical Memory: 3,144,940 KB - Available: 2,560,012 KB

I 21:15:32 Initialising SPTI...

I 21:15:32 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 21:15:34 Found 2 DVD

There's a reason you aren't using the ONLY DL DVDs we recommend - ie Verbatim, +R, 2.4x, MKM-001-00, Made in Singapore???

Regards

I support your recommendation of using Verbatim +R. I'm sure they will work as they are the best and costly at $64 for 25 pack. I'm using Ritek 8x DVD+R DL and they cost $29 for 25 pack and have NO issues with them with ImgBurn.

As mentioned in my original post, I have heaps of the DVD-R DL and wish to use them if I could overcome the issue. More info which may complicate the issue - Out of 6 discs burned, 3 discs are able to be played on my pioneer. Perhaps, a setup issue?.

Edited by Leeroy17

There is not a hard concept involved here. Ritek, CMC, Ricoh, Falcon and others are crap. Even if they work for you now, at a 50% failure rate, the fact that they will delam or loose data in the future is damn near assured. If you're getting a 50/50 success to failure rate, double the cost of the crappy Riteks and then compare the cost to Verb DL's in terms of media, time and frustration...simple math and common sense...:frustrated:

If money is an issue, at least switch to DVD+R DL media. -R DL media seems to be a joke for DVD movie stuff.

:)

I agree with your comments above.

If DVD-R DL is a joke, and the failure rate is high, why are they still selling it?.

Going forward, I will NOT be buying the -R DL.

What the hell is this format disc use for?.

For pure data backups it might be working better.

I guess they built the factory and need people to buy the products...

Thank you for your response Cynthia.

Unfortunatley, I do not have data to fill up 8.5 GB. If would be great if it is RW disc for backups.

BTW - can anyone analyse the log in my previous post?. Strange ... it works/doesn't at times!

Thank you.

Leeroy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.