DVD players skip spots on many DVDs that I burn

Oleg

I use Imgburn to burn DVDs, yet DVD players that I have skip spots when I play the DVDs. Why? They play fine in my computer. I don't use the Verbatim brand; it's Memorex. I burn Memorex at different speeds: like 2.1x, 6.0x, and etc., but my players still skip spots no matter what speed I used. I don't know how to solve this problem. Please help.

Hi and welcome to the forum, Oleg! :)

Not the best brand on the earth. If you then also have a writer that doesn't like that brand, you can face those issues.

Computer readers are better readers (in most cases - some brands are pure crap) than regular DVD standalone players. The skipping usually happens when there is a part on the disc that the player can't read and it then jumps to a spot after the reading issues, you should also hear some 'noice' from the player when it tries to read.

Posting a log from a burn could give some more clues/advices.

You'll find it here:

Main Menu -> Help -> ImgBurn Logs

I use Imgburn to burn DVDs, yet DVD players that I have skip spots when I play the DVDs. Why? They play fine in my computer. I don't use the Verbatim brand; it's Memorex. I burn Memorex at different speeds: like 2.1x, 6.0x, and etc., but my players still skip spots no matter what speed I used. I don't know how to solve this problem. Please help.

Do you have a Panasonic DVDR?.

I have a Panasonic DVDR and have a the same problems as you. If I play it on any of my Pioneer, it does NOT skip. Panasonic drive is quite notorious and well know for this issue.

It may not be the type of discs you are using. I use the Ritek & TDK 8x DVD-R, together some skip and some do not on the Panasonic but again NOT on the Pioneer DVDR.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.