burning failure

ZetasCry

ok i have burned succesful xbox 360 backups before on memorex dl dvds but for some reason i am getting errors and i have wasted over 50% of my dvd and the problem is not cheap quality and i cant afford vertabims here is my log:

I 00:57:09 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 00:57:09 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 00:57:09 Total Physical Memory: 514,708 KB - Available: 66,976 KB

I 00:57:09 Initialising SPTI...

I 00:57:09 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 00:57:09 Found 1 DVD

If your drive won't burn the media there are normally only 3 things you can do:

Drive - clean it or replace it

Firmware - update it

Media - change it

how to and where to get the firmware to update

and how do i clean the drive

plz reply

Edited by ZetasCry

Check on the website / support area (ring them if need be) of whoever made your computer.

To clean it, you just use a cd/dvd cleaning disc - this is something you have to buy.

i cant find my dvd drives firmware i keep having a hardtime to find it can u plz get me a link

Check on the website / support area (ring them if need be) of whoever made your computer.

To clean it, you just use a cd/dvd cleaning disc - this is something you have to buy.

i cant find my dvd drives firmware i keep having a hardtime to find it can u plz get me a link

and wat does session fixation error writing leadin mean

I found this post about your burner. Sorry.

I had one replaced under warranty - coz they're crap ...

The TSST range are infamous, nay notorious, within the laptop market as being badly designed optical units purchased mainly for cost-saving exercises to keep overall production costs down, thereby maximizing profit.

My Acer has a TSST L-532A DVD-Dual (+/-RW) drive, and it just died after about 5 months. Acer replaced it under warranty.

Unfortunately the replacement died 8 months later - out of warranty!

They are generally well-known as being too small to effectively dissipate the heat that they generate.

Generally speaking most if not all laptop/slimline burners are shiite compared to their fullsized brothers....I would recommend a nice external burner.

first this dual layer burner came with my hp pavillion desktop not a laptop and that i cant seem to find the firmware for this dvd drive i just need someone to help me

Your writer doesn't support the discs you're using. A firmware update could add support for those discs but we couldn't find any. Your options are: get a new burner or Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x media.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.