X360 DL burning

benny_mac

Hi there,

I am having mixed success with burning xbox 360 images.. ie. 9 out of 11 have worked so far.

However i have one particular image that i have attempted to burn about 8 or 9 times

Have tried a couple of things i have picked up in the threads such as manually setting the layer break to 1913760

and also forcing the book type to both DVD-ROM with no success .. and also set to normal type for DVD +R DL media

can you please assist me? i have attached the log below

many thanks

I 09:55:25 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 09:55:25 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 09:55:25 Total Physical Memory: 2,618,912 KB - Available: 1,478,320 KB

I 09:55:26 Initialising SPTI...

I 09:55:26 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 09:55:26 Found 1 DVD-ROM, 1 DVD

The booktype should be set to DVD-ROM. Also please read this: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=8000

Hi mmalves, many thanks for your super speedy response. - what a great forum!

I appreciate the point made in relation to the importance of quality media .. ie. the Verbatim type and will purchase them in the future.

In diagnosing further, it would appear to be a bad rip .. as i have moved from using xbox backup creator to Schtrom360Xtract

a little off the topic ..

interestingly enough though, i have had mixed results in using the burnt media in 3 different 360 consoles.

** the "bad media" per my problem above can be read "and the game plays" on a Toshiba Samsung MS28 model in the console

** does not read on Toshiba Samsung MS25 in console

** does not read on Benq in console

Can you think of any logic/reasoning behind this? -

thanks again

Dont be under the assumption that ALL dvd's can be read by ALL dvd drives and players, it dont work that way im afraid.

by going with whats considered to be the better end of the media quality scale, you will get nearer to the 100% all media will work in all drives/players scenario.

Its a case of find what media works best with your writers and all your players, ...........then stick to it :thumbup: unfortunately you ( we ) have to got thru the process of finding what works first

hi all...even i'm havin prob burning a .dvd file...i'm new with this so need some advise....this is da msg i'm getin when burning with img burner...

I 15:01:54 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 15:01:54 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 15:01:54 Total Physical Memory: 2,095,956 KB - Available: 1,184,280 KB

I 15:01:54 Initialising SPTI...

I 15:01:54 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 15:01:54 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

Hi and welcome to the forum, burhan! :)

There is a later firmware for that writer - 1.06. It might support that media better.

http://us.lgservice.com/index_b2c.jsp (the page is a joke, but insert your model# in the search window and you should be finding the page)

If you flash it:

No disc in the tray

Tray closed

Restart the computer after the flash

GSA_H55N_106.zip

hi cynthia thanx for da help..:)...i flashed my drive with da software u sent me...after flashing i tried burning again but i couldnt burn again...:(....this is da msg i got...

I/O erroe!

device: [0:1:0] HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55N 1.06(F:) (ATA)

SCSISTATUS:0X02

INTERPRETATION:CHECK CONDITION

CDB:2A 00 00 0B 1D 40 00 00 20 00

INTERPRETATION:WRITE(10) -SECTORS: 728384 - 728415

SENSE AREA: 70 00 04 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 00 09 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

00 00 00

INTERPRETATION: SPINDLE SERVO FAILURE

could u find out wat's da prob....

thanx...

and a very happy n prosperous new year to u

Burhan

Edited by burhan

I too am getting the Servo Failure message, but only on Xbox 360 back ups created with Xbox Backup Creater, I experimented and downloaded a copy of the same game, off of the internet, and I was able to burn it to the same drive and same media (Aone DL). I can also burn a copy done the old fashion way of hot swapping the disc during the rip process.

This tends to suggest that it can also be down to the way that the back up file was created.

Anyone any ideas on Xbox Back Up Creator?

The origin of the data you're burning makes no difference to anything. It's all just a bunch of 1's and 0's to the drive.

Hi Lighting,

I'm back after trying a number of different scenarios.

Per my original post (below), I am somewhat perplexed as to why certain backups dont play on different console hardware (ie. Different model DVD drives in the 360)

>>I am having mixed success with burning xbox 360 images.. ie. 9 out of 11 have worked so far.

>>However i have one particular image that i have attempted to burn about 8 or 9 times

>>

>>Have tried a couple of things i have picked up in the threads such as manually setting the layer break to 1913760

>>and also forcing the book type to both DVD-ROM with no success .. and also set to normal type for DVD +R DL media

>>

>>can you please assist me? i have attached the log below

In light of the speedy responses I received back from the support team, I was of the understanding that it came down to the quality of media used.

I take the point that Volvo made, "Dont be under the assumption that ALL dvd's can be read by ALL dvd drives and players, it dont work that way im afraid.

by going with whats considered to be the better end of the media quality scale, you will get nearer to the 100% all media will work in all drives/players scenario."

I went and purchased some Verbatim DL media today, to try to prove out that the media is the problem - and still no success playing the backup in a ms25 drive in the console.

Again, this particular backup will play in a friends console which uses the ms28 drive. (as did the other crappy media, TDK and Ritek/Memorex S04-66)

so I am at a complete loss as to what is going on here. Sounds like I need to purchase an ms28 replacement DVD reader for my console to ensure stability of the burnt media.

Any thoughts you can spare would be apreciated on what the hell is going on ;-)

many thanks,

ben

sorry, here's the log

I 17:01:19 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 17:01:19 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 17:01:19 Total Physical Memory: 2,618,912 KB - Available: 1,540,928 KB

I 17:01:19 Initialising SPTI...

I 17:01:19 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 17:01:19 Found 1 DVD-ROM, 1 DVD

that was a successful burn and verify

Many thanks for the response conholio, however I cant work out why it wont play in 2 different consoles with MS25 drives... however works everytime in a friends ms28 which I have flashed.

Any thoughts on why this might be the case?

I couldn't imagine that both lasers in the 2 different consoles could both be "on there way out at the same time"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.