Continuos I/o Errors

Salman Usman

Hi, I am in desperate need of help and don't know where to post

Everything was working Fine on my Pc uptil now. but recently i have started facing problems. i had one Moserbaer(Liteon) drive and one Sony AW-Q170A. Now whenever i Burn a Dvd using Imgburn the Dvd will Burn ok But When it will start to verify it will stop at 20% first and Show SCSi status code :0x02 and some errors. i tried burning more Dvd's thinking there is some problem with the media but the Percent at which the error came started to come just kept Decreasing 20-19-18-17 and so on both my drives failed. I got a new Sony DRU-V200S Tested it in my office it burnt 4 discs without a problem same using imgburn but at home after burning 2 discs it started giving the same errors Have tested the drives both on Vista Sp1 and Xp Sp3.Please somebody Help me i m in deep trouble.

System Specs

Asus P5NT-WS

Intel Q6600

2x2Gb DDR2 800Mhz

2*80Gb(Raid 0)

250*2 storage

8800Gt

Thanx for help in Advance

Below is the Imgburn Log

I 23:31:21 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 23:31:21 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 23:31:21 Total Physical Memory: 3,405,380 KB - Available: 2,144,724 KB

I 23:31:21 Initialising SPTI...

I 23:31:21 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 23:31:21 Found 1 DVD

Edited by Salman Usman

I 23:32:15 Destination Device: [5:1:0] SONY DVD RW DRU-V200S 1.60 (G:) (Fibre)

I 23:32:15 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: MBI 03RG40) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x)

I 23:32:15 Write Speed: MAX

Burning at 8x or 12x should give the best results. From what we can see it looks like a low quality media issue, so you might want to try with Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden blanks.

Also, are you sure you're using the latest drivers available for your chipset? The controller shouldn't be identifying itself as Fibre.

Burning at 8x or 12x should give the best results. From what we can see it looks like a low quality media issue, so you might want to try with Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden blanks.

Also, are you sure you're using the latest drivers available for your chipset? The controller shouldn't be identifying itself as Fibre.

I am using Moserbaer Pro one of the best ones here in India and i have been using his media as soon as i started burning Dvd's. I will try and find Verbatim here.The controller identifies itself as fibre from the day i have bought it. I will update the drivers and check whether the issue gets solved. Just another question after burning 3-4 dvds the writer also goes bad and has to be sent for replacement, this has happened to three of my writers.

Just another question after burning 3-4 dvds the writer also goes bad and has to be sent for replacement, this has happened to three of my writers.

If they still RMA them I would keep sending them back...however it might be a better move to just buy another drive and end the frustration... :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.