Hi new to imgburn

Rossy

Hi i have read the guides for the (oh hi to everyone sorry brains buzzing here) Burn VOB files to Dual Layer

and i am guesing there are more than 1 VOB files?

I have Star wars Video file HiDef in iether MPG or VOB 1 single file about 6.5gig

am i right in saying this can not be writen with Layer breaks because its 1 file?

reason i am asking is because when i ever i burn a dvd DL and play it on the PS3 it plays for so long then currupts is this the break in the layers?

if so is there a way or do i have to convert the video fil in 2?

thanks for any help

Rossy

Hi and welcome to the forum, Rossy! :)

VOB Splitter 0.2 can split VOB files. The issue might be that a stand alone player needs correct .ifo files also.

It sounds as you only have one large .vob file and not any .ifo/.bup files?

Normally the max size of a .vob is 1GB as that is the standard for stand alone players.

Hi thanks for the tip

unfortunatly it didnt work :(

My files wont burn properly on a Dual layer it keeps stopping on the PS3

even if i burn it as a Data disc as one big file it plays it perfect until it currupts

all i want to do is burn it as a big file but am not sure i can

Ah not a true vob file then, you've just used that tool to fudge an mkv into one :)

Can the ps3 play those files from a bdre too? It might be worth you investing in a bluray writer and using a 25gb disc where you then wouldn't run into 'layer' issues.

If you must stick to using DL discs, make sure they're Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL ones (MKM-001-00 dye, made in Singapore).

Thats cool it supports

External Drive Formats Supported

FAT32, NTFS, HFS+ (no journaling)

and thats cool if only PS3 would support NTFS as FAT32 dont let you put files over 4gig on it

cheers for the link

means i have a load of Dual Layer dvds going free lol

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.