please help with writing a wii game iso file to dvd

socmoe

Thanks is advance and Happy New Year to everyone!

I have a subscription to a wii download service so I download some games and have been trying to write them to a dvd. The info from the website tells me to make sure it is an ISO file and then create a "data" dvd using DVD-R discs by using the software they supplied - have done it numerous times and won't play on my wii console. Then I tried using Roxio - no go. Then I used Imgburn (thanks for all of the info :thumbup: ) and still no go. The good news is I have a lot of coasters for my next cocktail party.......

some questions:

Do I need dual layer DVD-R's?

How do I know it is an iso file?

If DVD-R are okay, I am using TDK which have always worked well for me in other things (making videos with Pinnacle Studip for example).

Thanks for any help - I am obviously not well-versed in this stuff.

Maureen

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; Sunday, 04 January 2009, 18:21:41

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 17:43:54 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 17:43:54 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 17:43:54 Total Physical Memory: 915,268 KB - Available: 150,224 KB

I 17:43:54 Initialising SPTI...

I 17:43:54 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 17:43:54 Found 1 DVD

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; Sunday, 04 January 2009, 18:21:41

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 17:43:54 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 17:43:54 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 17:43:54 Total Physical Memory: 915,268 KB - Available: 150,224 KB

I 17:43:54 Initialising SPTI...

I 17:43:54 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 17:43:54 Found 1 DVD

[sorry that I posted the same log again....whoops...

okay this is embarrassing.....I can't find any more info so I guess I didn't go ahead and write the image - I thought I had but on the other hand I have made so many other ones with the other programs, my head is spinning :teehee: ......sorry for the mix up.

Do you think I should go ahead and try to write the image to dvd? I ahve a new game that just finished downloading that is under the 4.7 gb max, so would a DVD-R be sufficient? Thanks so much, I really appreciate it.

Maureen

You will only know if you try :)

ain't that the truth!! :thumbup: thanks mmalve!

Okay, I will try - interesting...I did a search to see what files were iso and 2 of the 3 games I downloaded are coming up as iso files. I will try to write one of them onto a dvd and see how it goes. In the emanwhile, could someone tell me how to convert the third game to an iso file so I can write it to dvd? Thanks!

Maureen

If its a wii ISO image, and NOT a 'scrubbed' ISO image that it should be 4.37GB in size, and you don't need to burn as data disc or anything else. I believe thats just for the 'other' software that isn't as intelligent as IMGBurn

The vast majority of Wii ISO's are 4.37GB, but there is one DL game at the moment but if you look hard enough there is a version that has been altered to fit on a single 4.37GB ISO

Just choose the 'write' option in IMGBurn, select you wii ISO image and let IMGBurn do its job. Try burning it at no more than x4 to start with, if that burns and plays okay, then try x8. I used to burn at x4, but now use x8 with no problems at all, but I use decent media and have a decent burner

The quicker the burn rate the more chance you have of getting read errors, especially as the discs get scratched or grubby finger prints on them

And DO spend a bit more and buy good quality media, you'll find you will get a lot less bad burns and 'issues' than using cheap bulk buy media

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.