Verify ?

resident037

Should I have the VERIFY option checked on when burning with ImgBurn ?

And what is the best speed to burn 8x TY for the best quality ?

Thanks

You don't NEED verify turned on but it's a good idea.

The speed of your burn has nothing to do with the quality of it. 10 years ago it did. These days it doesn't. Let your computer, your drive and your media work that out. They are what control the quality and speed of your burn, not ImgBurn. :)

If a drive fails to produce a quality burn at its maximum speed, then one or more of the 3 items I listed above would be at the heart of the problem, wouldn't they? Also, if the burner has a problem burning above 8x (because of a slow HD or network, for example), BurnProof kicks in automatically to guarantee a good burn. Data burned at 4x is no different if it's burned at 12x. There's no point slowing the burn down if the hardware can cope with it.

My point is that the various available burn speeds can produce different grades of quality of the burned disc. Most of the 16x rated discs gives better scanning results when burned at 8x or 12x.

For 8x rated media, I've found that the max speed (8x) in most cases gives the best result. For 16x rated ones, were the max can go up to 20x it in most cases gives worse scannings than if the media is burned at 8x or 12x.

The only way to know for sure, is to do some test burns at the various speeds and scan the discs and compare the results for the individual combination of media/hardware/firmware.

:)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.