LBA mismatch

therock003

Today i burnt a cd-image download off the internet on bin cue format but upon burning it i got lba mismatch errors on various sectors.

I closed the programm and reburnt it using my cd-rw recorder this time (The first time i used the dvd-rw) but same thing. I got lba mismatch errors at the same sectors.

What could that be? I tried playing this cd (PSX game) but it loaded succesfully on my playstation machine. Dunno though if these LBA errors will cause it to freeze later at the game or something...

Here's the Log from the second attempt. I stopped it after it popped the warning that there have been some errors since reburning it didnt seem to solve it.

I 23:38:06 ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.0 started!

I 23:38:06 Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition (5.2, Build 3790)

I 23:38:06 Total Physical Memory: 654,352 KB - Available: 71,820 KB

I 23:38:07 Initialising SPTI...

I 23:38:07 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 23:38:07 Found 1 CD-RW and 1 DVD

W 23:48:20 Note: The drive probably corrected the L-EC Area because it's wrong in the image file.

Did you see this line in the log?

Yes i did but i didnt know what this means!Am i good to go or what?

By the way, you should upgrade to the latest ImgBurn version :thumbup:

Shall i uninstall the old one first or install over it?I also need to retain my settings.Last time i updated i had to re-configure the settings.

Well, the information that's wrong on the source image could be some kind of copy protection, so the only way to know if the burn is good is to play the game to the end.

As for installing the newest ImgBurn, you can install over the old one and, when asked, tell the installer to keep the current settings.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.