power calibration area error

tml74047

Hi,

You asked me to start my own thread and copy my log so here it is, LOCOENG.

Thanks so much!

I 19:25:59 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 19:25:59 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 19:25:59 Total Physical Memory: 390,744 KB - Available: 75,352 KB

W 19:25:59 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 19:25:59 Initialising SPTI...

I 19:25:59 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:26:02 Found 1 DVD

I 19:28:48 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: SONY-D21-00) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 8x, 12x, 16x)

Start by getting some Verbatim DataLifePlus or Taiyo Yuden discs since these are crap.

Try writing at different speeds and not max since your optical drive doesn't like them to begin with.

See if your manufacturer has a firmware update for your drive available.

PS...You would have known all this if you had tried the search function.... ;)

I 19:28:48 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: SONY-D21-00) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 8x, 12x, 16x)

Start by getting some Verbatim DataLifePlus or Taiyo Yuden discs since these are crap.

Try writing at different speeds and not max since your optical drive doesn't like them to begin with.

See if your manufacturer has a firmware update for your drive available.

PS...You would have known all this if you had tried the search function.... ;)

WELL, SINCE I DID TRY THE SEARCH WHICH IS WHAT BROUGHT ME HERE. That is really not an answer!

I have used these crap disc for the last 3 years (some of us are grown ups with kids to support, so we can't spend all of our allowance on discs.

I previously stated that I do not have alot of computer knowledge so therefor I simply asked for a little help, if you did not want to waste your time with someone like me, YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE!

How much did you pay for ImgBurn? Nothing.

What has ImgBurn to do with your problem? Nothing.

What amount of help will you receive with that kind of attitude? Nothing.

Glad we could clear this up :rolleyes:

How much did you pay for ImgBurn? Nothing.

What has ImgBurn to do with your problem? Nothing.

What amount of help will you receive with that kind of attitude? Nothing.

Glad we could clear this up :rolleyes:

So I am the one that had the attitude?

never mind,

ImgBurn comes pre-installed when you buy a new computer THEY have worked the deal & I have no problem with them.

This software has been great for the last 3 years, I was simply trying to find out about this bug that happend when I updated Imgburn

when I was accosted by one of the people on here. Another person I was speaking to asked me to put this new post on with the log THAT person was trying to be of help when THIS person jumped in, thats all that happend

Edited by tml74047

ImgBurn comes pre-installed when you buy a new computer THEY have worked the deal

what make of PC and what country does ImgBurn come pre-installed on a PC ?

I'm sorry, I am not a hateful person.

But since I have been told I will receive no help here & since my computer is NOT anymore top of the line than my discs, I would rather not say

Whoa and hold up a second here tml74047.

You asked the question and was given the answer for someone with your described problem. Sony discs are not up to the quality needed, in your case, to accomplish what you want to do. They may have served you well for three years, but they were bound to let you down after a while. We see this from all manufacturers, but we see it far less with discs manufactured using Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim dyes. If you compute the cost difference between TY or Verbs and the amount lost by having to reburn your image onto a couple discs before you achieve a good burn, your discs are far more costly than either of the ones recommended here.

If your system is 3 years old, you may be in the position of having to replace the optical drive, as it may be failing after all this time, they do not last as long as one would imagine and are prone to going South after a few years. Especially ones located in laptop units.

I didn't answer you with attitude, just a quick solution to your problem. The remark about the search function bringing you here makes no sense since this is what you would have gotten by using our internal search function.

spinner

Whoa and hold up a second here tml74047.

You asked the question and was given the answer for someone with your described problem. Sony discs are not up to the quality needed, in your case, to accomplish what you want to do. They may have served you well for three years, but they were bound to let you down after a while. We see this from all manufacturers, but we see it far less with discs manufactured using Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim dyes. If you compute the cost difference between TY or Verbs and the amount lost by having to reburn your image onto a couple discs before you achieve a good burn, your discs are far more costly than either of the ones recommended here.

If your system is 3 years old, you may be in the position of having to replace the optical drive, as it may be failing after all this time, they do not last as long as one would imagine and are prone to going South after a few years. Especially ones located in laptop units.

I didn't answer you with attitude, just a quick solution to your problem. The remark about the search function bringing you here makes no sense since this is what you would have gotten by using our internal search function.

spinner

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, that is useful information.

What I meant by using the search is: I came to this site, used the search, found related question which had a driver update answer.Posted by tim22 I think.Anyway it was exactlly like my problem. I was trying to find out about possible update to MY software or program or whatever cause that one didn't work. so, a member asked me to start a new thread (which I did wrong-and started this whole problem!!!!) I unfortunately started a new topic! MY mistake!

I honestly just thought I needed to download something cause this all started when I updated Imgburn.

I'm sorry, I thought you were being snide with that remark cause I really did use the search which is how I inadvertently got here. Thanks :blush:

• 5 weeks later...
:shakehands:

Hello all,

I know that I did not get off to a very good start on this board, but if you don't mind I have a couple of things I would like to say on my previous topic.

Here goes! (please keep my NON computer smarts in mind)

1 When I first encountered this power callibration error thing- I had recently updated imgburn & I automatically thought that maybe that had something to do with my problem. (I did not realize my computer was updating things on it's own, I had set it not to, like the sp3)

2 Some how I used the wrong tone in my statements on this board & offended people (never my intention) & I let myself become offended by what I was told on this board & ASSuMEd when I should not have!

3 Then I stupidly said that imgburn came installed on my computer. ( I have since learn that I got it when I downloaded DVD flick)

4 I LOVE imgburn & never considered not using OR recommending it & hope that I can soon be in a position to donate to it! I just was looking for a fix & had the wrong problem!

5 I know that it is probably very difficult for someone that knows computers inside out to deal with those of us that don't!

Anyway thanks for letting me get that off my chest!

I was wrong & when I'm wrong I like to say I'm wrong! Thanks Teresa

If you are interested my problem was caused by service pack 3 for windows automatically downloaded with missing .dll files

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.