how do I burn a TS-Video folder so it can play on my dvd player?

socmoe

HI everyone and thanks in advance - trying to burn a dvd to play in my dvd player - It is a TS-Video folder and I made it using Pinnacle Studio (tried to burn it on disc using that program but no go...ugh....). I added an empty TS-Audio folder to the project and followed the directions but the disc doesn't play in my dvd player - it does play on my pc though. I am using sony dvd-R but I don't think that is the issue because I ahve used these discs for many Studio projects as well as tv shows I ahve gotten off the internet and they ahve worked fine. Any ideas? Thanks.

Maureen

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; Friday, 23 January 2009, 16:39:01

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 16:19:23 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 16:19:23 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 16:19:23 Total Physical Memory: 3,143,492 KB - Available: 2,037,816 KB

I 16:19:23 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:19:23 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:19:26 Found 1 DVD

What files do you see in the video_ts folder?

Assuming it's a proper dvd video disc there's no reason for it not to play.... EXCEPT.. if the player can't read your disc or it doesn't support something about the files.

Not all players will support mpa audio (and I know this from experience) or whatever pinnacle studio seems to default to using for the audio encoding. Dolby digital 2.0 is a much better choice.

probably not the answer to your questions, but can i just add , your choice of discs isnt brilliant. they use CMC dye, which we know to be of reasonably low ( conervative choice of words) quality. Although you say there branded Sony, it may well be that the discs your using now are not the same dye as the last lot you bought, which you mention were OK .

What files do you see in the video_ts folder?

Assuming it's a proper dvd video disc there's no reason for it not to play.... EXCEPT.. if the player can't read your disc or it doesn't support something about the files.

Not all players will support mpa audio (and I know this from experience) or whatever pinnacle studio seems to default to using for the audio encoding. Dolby digital 2.0 is a much better choice.

the settings are at :Dolby Digital 2.0 in Pinnacle.

I can't remember how to do a screenshot to show you the files but there are:

a couple of vob files and bup file, ifo file I made a blank audio file after reading that suggestion from someone here I think.....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.