2 Failed Burns

Anisoptera

I was successfully able to burn DVDs before, but the last 2 have died on me. I was even able to burn this project to a DVD-RW first to test it as I always do and it went fine. The first time it failed it got stuck on Writing Leadin and my laptop was making an awful noise for a long long time (over an hour?). I tried turning it off and it said it was synchronizing and said to be patient, but it again wouldn't stop for a long time so I finally shutdown the computer. I restarted and tried again and this is what I got:

I 09:56:05 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 09:56:05 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 09:56:05 Total Physical Memory: 1,037,700 KB - Available: 234,784 KB

I 09:56:05 Initialising SPTI...

I 09:56:05 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 09:56:41 Found 1 CD-R and 1 DVD

the error coming back is

W 10:05:58 Failed to Write Sectors 32 - 63 - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format

basically your drive does not like these paticular discs.

So you need to find discs that your drive 'will' write to. It may be that the open package you got was duff discs, but we will never know .

the error coming back is

W 10:05:58 Failed to Write Sectors 32 - 63 - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format

basically your drive does not like these paticular discs.

So you need to find discs that your drive 'will' write to. It may be that the open package you got was duff discs, but we will never know .

Thanks. I have successfully used a number of discs from this spindle already. I've got 90+ left so I'm not just going to throw them out. I'll try reinstalling those programs I uninstalled. I'd love to hear any other ideas.

I 10:04:03 Source File Size: 4,699,979,776 bytes

I might be wrong, because I didsn't grow up with Metric, but I think this file is too big to fit on a single layer blank Dvd-R.

4 699 979 776 bytes = 4 482.25 megabytes

4 699 979 776 bytes = 4.37719727 gigabytes

Did some checking & by the looks of it, it is close, so never mind.

Edited by soup2nuts

Thanks for the tip to try to clean my drive. It never looked dirty like I know my fan gets so I never considered it, but I looked into it and found that you can clean it with a compressed air can and then a Q-tip dabbed in rubbing alcohol. I did all that and re-installed those uninstalled programs and everything's working great. I don't know which did the trick, but the lens probably was dirty as I've been getting back some rather dirty discs. I looked into how clean those too now so I should be good to go for awhile.

Thanks again for the help!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.