Burned discs won't play on dvd player

lasercat

Hi, I've burned some .wmv files to dvd-rw (Sony) w/ Imgburn, using build mode. They play wonderfully on my PC but my dvd player (Toshiba~5 yrs old) gives me a check disc/disc error display. Can someone point me in the right direction? Is it time to buy a new player? Thanks!

Edited by lasercat

This is the 3rd thread you have posted in dare2winitall with exactly the same issue. Can we just stay in this thread and cure your problem there please? It is VERY frustrating having you post the same thing 3 times in 3 separate places.

Regards

Build mode burn 'as-is', so unless your player says it can play WMV files, that'll be why the discs aren't working.

Use something like DVD Flick or ConvertXtoDVD to convert the WMV into proper DVD Video files/discs.

Ok, thanks!

My dvd player can play .wmv files burned to disc when I use my other burning application (Cyberlink by LG, an old version that was included with the drive).

Just copy and paste it into a window as the one you wrote your last post in. You only need to post the one of that burn.

http://www.wikihow.com/Copy-and-Paste

:)

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; Friday, 06 February 2009, 14:50:12

; \\****************************************//

;Thanks.

;

I 14:21:42 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 14:21:42 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 14:21:42 Total Physical Memory: 653,312 KB - Available: 134,732 KB

I 14:21:42 Initialising SPTI...

I 14:21:42 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 14:21:42 Found 1 DVD

Edited by lasercat

i think Cyberlink is an authoring program ( what comes with LG writers ), which converts the wmv's to DVD compliant structure before burning to disc.

ImgBurn is ONLY a burning program so you will need to convert your files to DVD compliant structure first before using ImgBurn to put those compliant files onto a disc.

i think Cyberlink is an authoring program ( what comes with LG writers ), which converts the wmv's to DVD compliant structure before burning to disc.

ImgBurn is ONLY a burning program so you will need to convert your files to DVD compliant structure first before using ImgBurn to put those compliant files onto a disc.

Okay, thanks! Can anyone recommend a converter application (preferably freeware)?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.