Microsoft .NET Framework

Movie Junkie

With as much (or as little) as I know about computers I know nothing about the Microsoft .NET Framework. While I guess I could do a search on Google to find out what it is, I figured I would do much better asking here.

Can anyone here explain to me what is it, what you need it for and why you need it?

MJ, This kind of explains it........... :rolleyes::lol:

Overview

The .NET Framework version 1.1 redistributable package includes everything you need to run applications developed using the .NET Framework.

The .NET Framework version 1.1 provides improved scalability and performance, support for mobile device development with ASP.NET mobile controls (formerly the Microsoft Mobile Internet Toolkit), support for Internet Protocol version 6, and ADO.NET classes for native communication with Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) and Oracle databases. It also enables the use of code access security to further lock down and isolate ASP.NET applications. For more information, read the .NET Framework Version 1.1 Product Overview.

Important: You cannot install two different language versions of the .NET Framework on the same machine. Attempting to install a second language version of the .NET Framework will cause the following error to appear: "Setup cannot install Microsoft .NET Framework because another version of the product is already installed." If you are targeting a non-English platform or if you wish to view .NET Framework resources in a different language, you must download the appropriate language version of the .NET Framework language pack.

I'll probabley never use it but did download it through window updates. Didn't seem to slow anything down or do any harm...................... yet........ :ermm: . I'm one of those that just likes to keep up to the updates.... It surely will be my undoing one day............... :lol::lol:

Edited by kevdriver

MJ, I never had net framework on my computer until a few weeks ago,I finally got tired of it creeping up in my automatic updates. I think it may be, for now anyways, an app for bussinesses and the such. I don't understand why Crockettman had to have it for imageshack, I've used imageshack for quite a while now without having net framework downloaded. :huh: So to your question, you are correct at this time it isn't really needed for most applications.

As I said I did download it though, and it caused no difference in my computers running at all. :/:thumbup:

* check reply PM...... :)

Edited by kevdriver

MJ, I never had net framework on my computer until a few weeks ago,I finally got tired of it creeping up in my automatic updates. I think it may be, for now anyways, an app for bussinesses and the such. I don't understand why Crockettman had to have it for imageshack, I've used imageshack for quite a while now without having net framework downloaded. :huh: So to your question, you are correct at this time it isn't really needed for most applications.

As I said I did download it though, and it caused no difference in my computers running at all. :/:thumbup:

* check reply PM...... :)

I appreciate the info Kev. I really don't want to install it unless it is needed.

I think Grain had a topic going on this a week or so ago as well ! :thumbup: The general conclusion is that it's not causing any probs where installed except on kirk's PC - it fecked his dilithium crystals or something...... :lol:

lfc........... :lol: . True man, as of lately, I think Kirks been running on cracked dilithium crystals........ :frustrated::blink::lol::lol:

& MJ, no need to install the app now then.

I think Grain had a topic going on this a week or so ago as well ! :thumbup: The general conclusion is that it's not causing any probs where installed except on kirk's PC - it fecked his dilithium crystals or something...... :lol:
That seals it! I just spent quite a bit replacing all of the dilithium crystals in my system. Not only that but it took quite a few adjustments to the data stream to get it aligned with the anti-matter. I'll be damned if I allow Bill Gates to fcuk that up! :whistling::)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.