Help ......device removal detected

joe2dee

Hi all , i have a sony vaio laptop and iam using a TTST corp CDDVDW SH-S202J USB EXTERNAL WRITER and iam using verbatim 2x4 dvd+r dl disks

my laptop is USB 2.0 but i keep getting this log.

any ideas????? cheers guys

I 18:06:42 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 18:06:42 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 18:06:42 Total Physical Memory: 523,056 KB - Available: 265,568 KB

I 18:06:42 Initialising SPTI...

I 18:06:42 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 18:06:42 Found 1 DVD

I'd try changing the usb cable first , see if thats the problem. if its a faulty lead in the cable, when it breaks contact your laptop will think the external drive has been disconnected.

i managed to burn some pics to a cd-r on it no problem though so i doubt its the cable?????

W 18:07:33 Failed to set L0 Data Zone Capacity!

W 18:07:33 Reason: The semaphore timeout period has expired.

This is the important bit.

Your usb controller and the enclosure controller are clashing in some way which is causing the device to timeout far too early and basically get 'ejected' from the system.

Try a different usb port and also switch I/O to wnaspi32 If still the same research the chipset in your enclosure and buy a different enclosure with a different chipset you may also have to buy another writer, or if you have another writer try that with the enclosure you have at the minute as usb chipset mainboard > I/o > usb chipset enclosure > writer chipset are not getting on so change the combination of these eg new writer in the enc you have may cure, it is very hit and miss but your chances increase the more writers you own versus the more enclosures you have (the weak link will be the mainboard if thats constant and the occurrence of STO keeps happening)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.