Multi-Drive support {Resources Point Of View}.

therock003

This is more of a theroetical questions since i dont have more than one dvd-drive on any of my computers, but i would like to know process and resource-wise what would it take in order to creating images and burn more than one discs at once.

Like for example having 4-5 drives and running that many imgburn instances to read and/or write 4-5 images at once. What kind of computer would that require?

This is more of a theroetical questions since i dont have more than one dvd-drive on any of my computers, but i would like to know process and resource-wise what would it take in order to creating images and burn more than one discs at once.

Like for example having 4-5 drives and running that many imgburn instances to read and/or write 4-5 images at once. What kind of computer would that require?

One with a keyboard and the letters S-E-A-R-C-H :whistling:

mainboard with 2 x 80 wire ide (some thought into where you plug devices so they do not share channel) and lots of SATA ports / quad core 6600 intel or higher with a decent PSU 650 watt min with 28 amp min on 12v line

One with a keyboard and the letters S-E-A-R-C-H :whistling:

Hast hat really been discussed before?

mainboard with 2 x 80 wire ide (some thought into where you plug devices so they do not share channel) and lots of SATA ports

Well of course, the matter of connectors is an obvious one. i'm not that much of a noob. :innocent:

/ quad core 6600 intel or higher with a decent PSU 650 watt min with 28 amp min on 12v line

Is this a rough estimate or is it based on experience? Is it certain that doing so, simultaneously you wont run into any problems. Especially when it concerns burning multiple (different also) image files at once.

Personally I'd want 1 hdd for every 1 or 2 optical drives.

It's the random accessing that kills transfer rates.

You'd be better off using a program that supports a single read -> multiple writes.

reason I say 2 x ide lots of sata ports

Well of course, the matter of connectors is an obvious one. i'm not that much of a noob
not purely for the amount of ports but the I/O across them

Is this a rough estimate or is it based on experience? Is it certain that doing so, simultaneously you wont run into any problems. Especially when it concerns burning multiple (different also) image files at once.

My Quad semi struggles with 4 tb 32 meg cache drives across sata and opticals across IDE/ usb etc I if I could be bothered would post piccies and log / dip / stuff from when I mess on but is easier if you just get padus disc juggler. I have plenty of time to use 1 drive per disc / per image and no need for backing up dreamcast games anymore so I don't use disc juggler.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.