imgburn freezing part way through burning

groggy

i have searched through for this but each problem seems to be different.

hopefully someone can help!

it freezes at different points when burning and i cant do anything with the programme. i have to close it by going into task manager and even then to get the dvd out i have to use the pin hole on the cd drive.

this problem happend a few times with my old media which was maxells but with these ritek i have made 5 coasters since i bought them this afternoon

i have tried updating drivers for cd drive and reinstalled imgburn.

here is the log up to the point it freezes

I 21:19:10 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 21:19:10 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 21:19:10 Total Physical Memory: 2,880,612 KB - Available: 1,993,396 KB

I 21:19:10 Initialising SPTI...

I 21:19:10 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 21:19:10 Found 1 DVD

ritek media isn't what it used to be, they started going downhill when they started making G05's

that combined with a matSHITa drive ....

try with taiyo yuden or verbatim discs

ok cornholio7

so there is nothing suspicious in the log?

i will try and pick some up tomorrow if not

good for you

the media is still crap though, don't take our word for it, check it out here http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

take a look in 2nd class media , take note of what it says about degradation issues.

did you verify the disc with ner0?

ok so the media is "crap" and i have a "lousy" writer but can anyone still tell me why imgburn dont work but nero does from that log?

Because Nero does a crappy job. Like the other guys have said, crap media with a dodgy burner. (Matshita are REALLY dodgy). You'll struggle to get a decent burn without good media and a decent drive. It's just the way that it is. "You can't make jam out of pigshit" or so the story goes.

Because Nero does a crappy job. Like the other guys have said, crap media with a dodgy burner. (Matshita are REALLY dodgy). You'll struggle to get a decent burn without good media and a decent drive. It's just the way that it is. "You can't make jam out of pigshit" or so the story goes.

i dont get it?

nero does the job with the stuff what i can afford but it is doing a crappy job and the games work?

im not slagging this program at all ,i think it is a great program and have used it for years , i want it to work but why slag nero off when it does the job?

Nero doesn't verify properly. It will happily let you know that the burn and error checking are successful but it doesn't check properly at a byte-by-byte level the way ImgBurn does by verifying the source file against the burned disk and also verifying the disk itself.

Nero doesn't verify properly. It will happily let you know that the burn and error checking are successful but it doesn't check properly at a byte-by-byte level the way ImgBurn does by verifying the source file against the burned disk and also verifying the disk itself.

but if it burns and works everytime why would i need to verify to play a wii game?

but if it burns and works everytime why would i need to verify to play a wii game?

Then don't.

ImgBurn verifies the disc to give you the absolute chance that the disc will operate properly...period.

Nero doesn't and does a crap job of quality control over it's burned disc.

Either use Nero...or take the advice given you here... >_<

This is not a debating society, we know what you need to do.

Then don't.

ImgBurn verifies the disc to give you the absolute chance that the disc will operate properly...period.

nero does verify it

Then don't.

and im not debating anything

To quote Shamus:

To quote me:

Either use Nero...or take the advice given you here...

:frustrated:

you take your chances if relying on Nero . If it doesnt verify properley ( in the same way that ImgBurn does) then nero doesnt tell you .

It may be playable on your Wii, but if the game fails part way thru, you will never know if it was the game or Nero failing to tell you it was a bad burn.

What we are saying is that , If you use ImgBurn and the verify passes. then you know its a good disc and if the game fails part way thru you know its not the actual discs fault.

If ImgBurn fails the verify stage, then the disc 'may' be playable, but your aware that there was a fault within the verification stage, so when the game fails, you know it 'could' be the actual disc/and/or the game.

The nero verification process is not so detailed/intense as the ImgBurn one. so with Nero you wont know if its the disc or the actual game when it stops part way thru play.

you take your chances if relying on Nero . If it doesnt verify properley ( in the same way that ImgBurn does) then nero doesnt tell you .

It may be playable on your Wii, but if the game fails part way thru, you will never know if it was the game or Nero failing to tell you it was a bad burn.

What we are saying is that , If you use ImgBurn and the verify passes. then you know its a good disc and if the game fails part way thru you know its not the actual discs fault.

If ImgBurn fails the verify stage, then the disc 'may' be playable, but your aware that there was a fault within the verification stage, so when the game fails, you know it 'could' be the actual disc/and/or the game.

The nero verification process is not so detailed/intense as the ImgBurn one. so with Nero you wont know if its the disc or the actual game when it stops part way thru play.

thanks for that mate. at last someone who isnt arsey and patronising.

i appreciate your explanation

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.