not enough space to burn this image

KornScat

Sorry I'm a newb and I'm sure this has been addressed I have utilized the search button and tried various threads but I couldn't find any threads that address this issue. I'm not familiar with a numerous amount of terms like single layer and double layer, but I have found many other answers to my problems. I just need a point in the right direction now.

I have vista os, and imgburn and another software program that I'm not sure if it's allowed to mention, but after successfully reading my dvd I went to write it and it says "there doesn't appear to be enough space on this disc to burn: img size(7347mb) and disc size(4482mb) is there another software that I need in order to successfully write this. Is this a situation where I need verbatim. I'm using maxell dvd+r, yes the cheap stuff, so I'm primarily looking for answers to utilizing the discs I have, but am open to any advice warranted. I appreciate your time.

I'm using maxell dvd+r, yes the cheap stuff

Right on :thumbup:

Put your Iso on a dual layer Verbatim disc ( made in Singapore) and all will be well.

If you prefer you can Google 'shrink a dvd9 to a dvd5' and find that there are other avenues for you to pursue. :whistling:

spinner

I'm using maxell dvd+r, yes the cheap stuff

Right on :thumbup:

Put your Iso on a dual layer Verbatim disc ( made in Singapore) and all will be well.

If you prefer you can Google 'shrink a dvd9 to a dvd5' and find that there are other avenues for you to pursue. :whistling:

spinner

Lol, I figured as much, I reckon I'll have to go the verbatim route thanks for the info, with a program like dvd shrink do you loose quality and other features such as subtitles, menus, special features? and is it compatible with imgburn?

with a program like dvd shrink do you loose quality and other features such as subtitles, menus, special features? and is it compatible with imgburn?

It all depends on the percentage of the shrink and what you want to preserve; and yes it will work with ImgBurn.

For further details use Google, this is the ImgBurn board after all, there are many good forums out there with dedicated DVD Shrink topics. :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.