Using ImgBurn Over Microsoft Remote Desktop

Mustang Productions

I've had a look round the forum and haven't found anything else on this subject so posting what I think is a fresh issue.

I use a laptop with wireless for day to day work but the DVD burner is in another machine that I remote desktop onto using the Vista Remote Desktop. The OS of the machine with the burner in is Vista Ultimate SP1 Quad Core 3GB Ram. When I launch ImgBurn through the RD program, it doesn't detect the drive in the machine for some reason although I can see it fine through explorer etc. Should I then physically go to the machine with the drive in and take over the remote session, the drive then magically is detected.

Has any one else come across this issue?

Edited by Mustang Productions

so both machines are in the same building ? Im sitting here scratching my head thinking how do you change the actual media in the drive via remote desktop =))

Phone up the person in the next cubicle and ask politely to insert some blank media.....right side up of course :teehee:

Actually not that lazy. I managed to break my leg in 3 places so am laid up at the moment hence having to use a laptop with WiFi. The wife is being kind enough to swap the media over when I ask :thumbup:

Thanks to all for the responses. Can't believe I didn't think of GP being the reason. Just tried Nero the same way and yep that's affected exactly the same.

ImgBurn Rocks!

Phone up the person in the next cubicle and ask politely to insert some blank media.....right side up of course :teehee:

Hmm you ARE kidding me arnt you ? if you think im going to ask the person in the next cubicle to insert something for me......... thats an arrestable offfence over here.........soliciting in Toilets >_<

Hmm you ARE kidding me arnt you ? if you think im going to ask the person in the next cubicle to insert something for me......... thats an arrestable offfence over here.........soliciting in Toilets >_<

Can you spare a square? >_<

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.