LG Burner Error Help problem

santram

i have HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-4166B 1.02 (ATA) and trying to burn a backup img of a game, but when i hit burn, it keeps giving me and error (included log below) and i am using a memorex dl dvd and anydvd is exited.

also sometimes it stats burning and than stop when it gets to 6% and also when it is burning it says it is going at 4.0x when i selected 2x at the beginning

both give me the same error:

ScsiStatus:0x02

someone please help thanks

I 14:59:27 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 14:59:27 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 14:59:27 Total Physical Memory: 1,047,344 KB - Available: 449,756 KB

W 14:59:27 AnyDVD can interfere with ImgBurn's ability to verify accurately, please ensure it's disabled!

I 14:59:27 Initialising SPTI...

I 14:59:27 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 14:59:28 Found 1 DVD+RW, 1 DVD

• 2 weeks later...

so would these verbatim dvd+r dl work?

Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817130008

i just don't know how to deferentiate between the two dye's. i am thinking it is mkm-001 but not sure, so can someone please confrim before i purchase them.

thanks

EDIT: Also, what is the difference between MII and MIS (don't even know what it me4ans except that they are there). clear that up for me as well thanks.

Edited by santram

According to the specifications it should be the 2.4x blanks with MKM-001-00 dye, although the page doesn't state if they're Made in Singapore (higher quality) or in India (lower quality).

i know there is a difference in quality but is it really significant diference? meaning would MII work for backing up xbox 360 games and all?

srry for too many question, just new to the dvd world, as an did not have to make these choices for dvds before lol.

also one more question:

is the problem with most drives that they are outdated so they wont write on memorex (most times), but if i were to get a new dvd burner like pioneer DVR-116DBK (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827129023) would memorex dvd+r dl be fine for that dvd burner? basically will get a new pionner dvd burner help me in that it will burn memorex dvd+r dl as they are cheap to buy, rather than buying verbatim dl (MII or MIS) whoich are expensive

Edited by santram

discs are more about having consistency AND quality. The MIS verbs have a good history of being reliable and working on old and new drives. The MII ones are in the early stages since production started in India.

You could go and buy a nice new drive, but theres no guarantee that any 'certain' brand of dics will work on them, hence we say the MIS verbs 2.4x, as there known to work on almost every drive there is. Likewise with Taiyo Yuden -R 8x TYG02.

With media you get what you pay for Im afraid, and given what you trying to do with them the extra few pennies for the best discs is a cheap price to pay compared with buying a new game :whistling: .

MII 'might' work on an xbox, youd need to ask in an xbox forum about that though, we certainly can't guarantee

they would though.

With blank media its a case of finding which one works on your PC/drives/standalone player/consoles/car dvd player and once you found it, stick to it

if i were to get a new dvd burner like pioneer DVR-116DBK (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827129023) would memorex dvd+r dl be fine for that dvd burner? basically will get a new pionner dvd burner help me in that it will burn memorex dvd+r dl as they are cheap to buy, rather than buying verbatim dl (MII or MIS) whoich are expensive

I've not used the same brand as you, only the same media code in this test. Might give you some clues regarding that writer.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=87250

:)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.