ATAPI 16X4X12 DVD Dual

NightH4wk

Good day all,

I'm having some serious problems with my DVD writer, i can burn normal dvd's and normal cd's. But when i want to burn a Dual layer i can't press the burn button.

It remains grey, also Imgburn tells me that the Medium isn't ready?

So the Strange thing is that my computer tells me the DVD Writer is a ATAPI 16X4X12 DVD Dual, while it is a Benq?!!

I tried to upgrade the Firmware, wich is pretty hard to find, the one i got atm is G8L9.

Also tried to flash the drive, wich didnt work cause the firmware version was wrong ?!? :angry:

can anyone help me out? Just wanna burn my dual layers for once ! :wacko:

Welcome. :) I have a dumb question so prepare yourself. The disks you're putting into your burner are blank, aren't they? The exact model of your drive would help us alot. Also, does this same problem occur when using another burning program such as Nero?

In ImgBurn go to Tools -> Drive -> Capabilities and check if your drive supports writing DVD+R DL discs. If it does, get the media described in this thread: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=8000

If it still doesn't work, thrash your drive and get a new burner, they're pretty cheap :thumbup:

//edit oops a little late :D

Welcome. :) I have a dumb question so prepare yourself. The disks you're putting into your burner are blank, aren't they? The exact model of your drive would help us alot. Also, does this same problem occur when using another burning program such as Nero?

Exactly they are empty, and yes its with all the programs, and only with the dual layers!!

In ImgBurn go to Tools -> Drive -> Capabilities and check if your drive supports writing DVD+R DL discs. If it does, get the media described in this thread: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=8000

If it still doesn't work, thrash your drive and get a new burner, they're pretty cheap :thumbup:

//edit oops a little late :D

haha i cannot click on drive, its grey >_<

Exactly they are empty, and yes its with all the programs, and only with the dual layers!!

Then we've established that the software isn't the problem. Agreed? Yes? It's sounding alot like a drive problem. As I said above, and exact drive model would be handy. Throw a normal (single layer) blank DVD into your drive and select WRITE MODE from the menu and then copy and paste the text from the window on the right to this forum so we can see what's happening.

Then we've established that the software isn't the problem. Agreed? Yes? It's sounding alot like a drive problem. As I said above, and exact drive model would be handy. Throw a normal (single layer) blank DVD into your drive and select WRITE MODE from the menu and then copy and paste the text from the window on the right to this forum so we can see what's happening.

This is the info it gives me:

ATAPI DVD DUAL 16X4X12 G8L9 (ATA)

Current Profile: DVD+R

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Free Sectors: 2.295.104

Free Space: 4.700.372.992 bytes

Free Time: 510:03:29 (MM:SS:FF)

Supported Write Speeds: 2,4x; 4x; 8x; 12x; 16x

Physical Format Information (ADIP):

Disc ID: RITEK-F16-01

Book Type: DVD+R

Part Version: 1

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified

Number of Layers: 1

Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)

Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196.608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2.491.711

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Disc ID: RITEK-F16-01

This would be the first thing I'd change. Ritek media isn't very good and it looks as though your drive agrees by not even seeing it. Grab some good media like Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim. If it still can't see the disks, then the drive is likely the problem. Ritek media has been a bit dodgy for the last few years.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.