Test wode actually writing on disc! (v1.2.0.0)

r0lZ

Not sure it's a bug, but, at least, it's strange.

When launching ImgBurn 1.2.0.0 with the /TESTMODE ON CLI option, the log says "Test Mode: Yes", but the DVD is really written! Furthermore, the VERIFY mode, also enabled, verifies the DVD, and, of course, finds no errors.

Is it supposed to work this way? I though test mode was a way to simulate the burn.

See the log file for details.

Also, is it a way to combine a test and a burn in the same operation via CLI? Of course, the burn should occur only if the test was successful.

ImgBurn.log

Edited by r0lZ

No, there is no way to do a test and then a write.

As for actually burning in test mode...well you are using DVD+R there and I'm sure you know the DVD+R format doesn't support the test/simulation feature ;)

However, it should have displayed an error to that effect... will have to check why you didn't get it! (if you're saying you didn't ?)

Damn it!

This is all due to where I'm acknowledging that testmode has been enabled via CLI.

It's kicking in after the normal checks for media type etc because I didn't want the CLI parameter to actually change the checkbox in the main GUI.

All boils down to a lack of testing in this area. CLI is not something I generally concern myself with - as I never use it!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the explanaton, and for the bugfix! (BTW, sorry for replying so late. I wasn't notified of your replies, and I forgot about this thread...)

I didn't know this testmode limitation with DVD+R. Will add a message in PgcEdit.

Regarding CLI args: is it possible to add an argument to automatically start the graph display with DVDInfoPro and/or to save the graph data on HDD after the burn?

lol you want cli args for everything! :P

I can add an autoexport one to a given filename I guess.

Something like /IBG ""

It would then be up to you to pass that filename to dvdinfopro - after checking it exists of course! I'd also recommend checking it's at least version 4.50. Versions prior to that don't work well/at all.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.