Incompatible Medium Installed?

shen293

I put in a blank verbatim single layer disc into my burner..

and for some reason it says incompatible medium installled..

even after I reboot I have the same results for two of the discs..

the third one I put in read as a blank disc

what was the problem?

and what does the error mean?

This is a copy of the successful log with the same type of media and burner...

However, some burns successfully and some has like medium incompatible format..

i dont get why the error occurs when basically its all the same media from the same spindle...

I 17:16:33 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 17:16:33 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 17:16:33 Total Physical Memory: 3,078,632 KB - Available: 2,224,140 KB

W 17:16:33 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 17:16:33 Initialising SPTI...

I 17:16:33 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 17:16:33 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

if you make 2 things the same there never exactly the same

when you make thousands of the same item.................then you know there wont be many that are exactly identical to each other.

Problem you have is that your drive isnt over keen on those discs to start with anyway, and due to the inconsistency in the manufacturing of those discs , your getting some to work and others to fail.

if you can get a few discs of another brand to try, that should prove the case.

what discs are the ones your using at the moment ?, we can tell they have the Mitsubishi chemical company dye/ink on them, but what brand are they ?. Normally we would suggest genuine verbatims or Taiyo yuden for -r work. But you those you have may be verbatims

Its always possible they are not genuine . see where there made like Cynthia said.

Should it turn out they are genuine and known to be 'better' verbatims, then your drive still dont like them and you need to try something else instead.

it could be you have genuine 'decent' verbs and you just found a bad batch. Either way you know you cant rely on them.

id be looking at genuine taiyo yuden -r with the ID of TYG02 and 8x max write. you MUST get these from a relaible supplier though who can guarantee there original genuine ones

Hmm..ok so I checked out the Verbs that I have

Mine looks exactly like the one that Cynthia put up...just that mine is a 100 pieces.... and single layer...

and its made in Taiwan...

i

i am having a similar problem, I can't get mine to read, when I put the discs in. i am trying to backup wii games as the kids have a bad habbit of leaving them laying around and theyre getting damaged. The message i am getting is saying incompatible medai aswell, can you bypas the error or something?

i am having a similar problem, I can't get mine to read, when I put the discs in. i am trying to backup wii games as the kids have a bad habbit of leaving them laying around and theyre getting damaged. The message i am getting is saying incompatible medai aswell, can you bypas the error or something?

If you're getting that error when trying to read the Wii games that's because they're protected, and ImgBurn can't read protected discs. Have a look around the 'net and you'll see :)

Hmm..ok so I checked out the Verbs that I have

Mine looks exactly like the one that Cynthia put up...just that mine is a 100 pieces.... and single layer...

and its made in Taiwan...

I got the 50 packages from Taiwan and no such issues as incompatible media with non of my Pioneers. Is that problem only in the build mode or also in the write mode?

I believe only in Build mode..

hasn't really tried Write mode..since im not sure what it does...

just curious....since we're at it...whats the difference anyways with build and write mode?

and Im guessing that its the spindle that I bought thats the problem....

I guess cant really expect all 100 of the discs to be succesful..or like they may slip in a couple of damaged one ins...

doesnt matter that much to me as long as majority of the discs are 'burnable'

My average is that 1 out of 200 gives a burning error with Verbatims.

Build mode is the one that creates either an image or burns the stuff directly from source files, like a VIDEO_TS folder with the various files inside.

Write mode writes an already created/available image file.

hmm...

Can you give me an example of like Write modes

for example..if I backup my movies...I extract the files into my comp... and have a video_ts folder but I use Build mode and not write mode..

like whens the occassion do I use Write mode?

thanks..

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.