Simple Question i think

woot

I just downloaded imgburn and i cant wait to start using it but i would like to know what this means

W 13:14:09 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

-------------------------

I 13:14:09 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 13:14:09 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 13:14:09 Total Physical Memory: 456,876 KB - Available: 67,488 KB

I 13:14:09 Initialising SPTI...

I 13:14:09 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 13:14:09 Found 1 DVD

Drive D is obviously a harddrive. FAT32 is the older standard used for formatting harddrive's .. what this means is that if you have an image larger than 4GB you would not be able to store it on that drive. There are ways of converting FAT32 drives to the XP standard NTFS but if you are not using the D drive for storing DVD images you would get away with not doing it.

Hope this explains it a little.

dphoenix666 is on the mark :thumbup:

ImgBurn gives you the option to output to a dvd writer or output to a hard drive as an .iso file. If you chose to go to Hard drive then the resulting file could well be over 4GB , hence the advisory warning in the log file about your 'D' drive.

If your new to burning dvd , your bound to find problems along the way , if you do, come back to us with your questions and we will try to help you get sorted

regards

thank you so much im sure i will have some problems but right now from what im reading im going to return my memorex disc and get verbatims and try this....

thanks again for the support yall r the best

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.