Another I/O Error even with Verbatim Disc.

Neuralgene

Let me say this first. I always use only good quality disc. All this time I've been using the same brand VERBATIM. DVD-R, CD-R with ImgBurn, loved it and never had a problem untill lately.

Lately, I've got error that occur in a random fashion. Say, I burnt a disc in 5 copies, 2 got burnt well, and the third might get error. The next time I try again, maybe even the second one already got the error occured. Even when I just burn single (1) copy of dvd or cd (doesn't matter). Sometimes it works, sometime it doesn't.

Here's the log file and screenshot.

I 15:48:08 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 15:48:08 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 15:48:08 Total Physical Memory: 1,048,032 KB - Available: 320,012 KB

I 15:48:08 Initialising SPTI...

I 15:48:08 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 15:48:08 Found 1 DVD-RW and 1 DVD

post-11099-1235654811_thumb.jpg

Best result with that combo is 8x speed. Have you tried that?

:)

With what combo? Are you saying that I should try burn at 8x? I usually burn at 2x, sometimes (very rare) 4x only.

Are those made in singapore disks or tawain?

You might have better results with taiyo yuden, most professionals use them

They might be That brand?

Huh?? How do we get Verbatim made in Singapore? Mostly we can't even know this made in where (mail order), until we actually got our hands on it. And ow, this one is made in Taiwan.

So do you guys really think this issue comes from the media? Not hardware issue? What is weird though, it used to work fine. I thought ever since I upgrade to the latest version, I started to have this problem. I also did a firmware upgrade to my Pioneer, Lite-On burner. Doen't matter which burner I use, it's still flaky.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.