Burn on RAID mode controller fails

Tassadar

Hello folks,

i've tried to burn (and simulate) a dvd image from the lastest img burn with my Samsung sh-223 attached on the mainboard controller (nvidia 8300 chipset) in RAID mode and the burn fails, it just hangs up just after the "creating thread graph" message.

It also make the drive not responding anymore (i've to reboot my system).

Trying with nero 7 instead the simulation has gone smoothly.

If you need some logs or something i'll glad to feed them :)

When you say 'just after the "creating thread graph" message', what exactly is displayed in the status bar when it you're saying it's hung?

A copy of whatever's in the log window at the time would of course be useful too.

Hello Lightning, how are you?

I tried to simulate again and here is what exactly happened:

1) the status bar reporting: "creating thread data graph"

2) writing lead in... and at the same time an error message appeared

3) after these messages any interaction with the drive is impossible, even from any other programs, with windows and even the eject button doesn't work, the only option to use again the drive is to reboot the system.

The error message is:

Scsi status 0x02

Interpretation check condition

CDB 2A 00 00 00 01 40 00 00 20 00

Interpretation: write(10) - Sectors: 320 - 351

Sense area: F0 02 00 00 00 00 00 0B A8 4D FB 88 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 C4

Interpretaion: No additional sense information

Here is the log:

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; marted

Edited by Tassadar

what on earth are you using raid mode for?

Beacuse i'm going to create a raid array between two of my three hard disc and when you switch to RAID mode the motherboard avoid to use any other modes for all the SATA ports.

Still with ASPI interface, if you change the Write Type from DAO/SAO to Incremental (Write tab in ImgBurn's settings), does it work?

Samsung's WININQUIRY utility correctly report all the information about your burner?

Incremental feature didn't work, anyway the error this time is different. It happened still just after the "creating thread data" message but this time is a "session fixation error" and the system didn't freezed and the writer is still working, so no reboot is required

Still with ASPI interface, if you change the Write Type from DAO/SAO to Incremental (Write tab in ImgBurn's settings), does it work?

Samsung's WININQUIRY utility correctly report all the information about your burner?

Incremental feature didn't work, anyway the error this time is different. It happened still just after the "creating thread data" message but this time is a "session fixation error" and the system didn't freezed and the writer is still working, so no reboot is required

i figured out that i wasn't using the correct ASPI driver, anyway i put the nero's dll in \windows\system. Someone could help me to install the driver?

Using search i found there's a lot of problem with nvidia driver.... maybe is this the cause?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.